pictures of bull whippets

i never really understood the bull/whippet. IMO you are crossing a strong corageous dog (bull) with the (in a lot of cases) the pussyiest weedy thin boned thin skinned dog.

i understand what the logic is..... best of both but i think in a lot of cases you end up with the worst of both a dog that is undersized for a lot of things and hass the bull so watered down by the whippet blood.

im sure a lot of theis is due to the fact people use jank whippet blood un tested either because they dont have the resourses to get genuine blood or are just breeding for looks.

compared to the bullx ghound the bullx whippet is a far far outclassed by the bullxghound.

can anyone who works these dogs (bullx whippet) tell what they are trying to acheive that couldnt get from bullxghound?

if its speed and agility given by the whippet this can easily be achieved with bullx ghound if you selective breed and of course the biggest part use the best blood.

I'm not wanting to start an argument, but i'm not sure you have seen any decent whippets if you think they are 'pussys' or 'weedy'. I admit, they don't have the best skin / jacket. But my experiance of them is that they have a far bigger heart and far more grit than their size would suggest. The biiggest problem i have with mine is too high prey drive. :laugh: They certainly don't seen to take into account their own size when chucking themselves at bigger quarry.

I get what you are saying about the advantages of a bull x grey, and i think that if you wanted a pure foxing machine (pre-ban) you would do best looking at line bred bull/grey or bull/grey/whip out of tested dogs.

However if we are talking first x's - how mant greyhound out there are being regularly worked and tested in the field? It's a lot easier to find a whippet that has been worked hard, taken a variety of game, and tested in the field. They tend to have good feet, good pace, decent stamina etc.

The right whippet and the right bull, and you could have some very hand animals, that would be good if later put back to a pure whippet, or back to a bull x grey.

jmo.

too high prey drive. joke so if pre ban you faced it and faced it tested hard it wouldnt feel the pain. come on man its a whippet

Did i say it wouldnt feel the pain? NO.

What i said, was that with my dog, one of the problems i have is that his prey drive is very high, and he chucks himself at / into stuff that he probably shouldnt - leading to vets bills and time layed up, that i could do without.

Hence, i would argue against him being a 'pussy'.

i agree..injury caused by overkeenes and over running the target on a fast slip is a regular occurance.......fair sized slices and stitches is a regular thing with a thin skinned hound like these racey laguna types...part of the highs and lows of running a fast small lurcher i guess....my mates have not once took the pee or had a dig at my non- pedigree whippet cross after seeing what she gets hold of.....im not a bragger and wouldnt say shes the hardest dog so have a well built saluki bull x grey to tackle the bigger quarry....shes much wiser,calmer and well grounded bull x-shes over a year younger and nearly twice the size but can decide whats gonner get out of her reach and generally the whippet scoops up what she misses due to her fast learning she'l back off and look at me.....the whippet competed for my attention with the saluki which was annoyin at first when out with other dogs as mates thought it was demanding too much of my time but time passed and she brought my pup on leaps and bounds.....im lucky so far shes only had soft tissue trauma from wire and rape and flint etc....fences and digger buckets dont suffer fools and thats why i only slip her on ground ive walked in daytime hours......mates dog got wiped out on a rusty jcb bucket left in a overgrown bit of stubble land and not a good experience..young dog went two directions and was killed outright in a split second.......i gotta take mine home to the wife so tak my time now...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

afew pics of mine,great for me and the places we go.cp

i think i have finaly sussed it

COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE-GET A LOT MORE PERMISSION WITH SMALL DOG-GOT BED/GREYXBULL/WHIP-22TTS-SHOWN UP MANY A BIG BULLX-WILL DO ANYTHING YOU SHOW HER AND MORE-ITS DOWN TO THE BREEDING AND ENTERIN

Posted Images

I got me pup of p Brookes it's the best lurcher x I've had and I've had a few good uns over the years but this little pup keeps coming on like he is and I'll b over the moon when he mature he enters any cover hunts like a hound and very quick yes I think Paul got this bang on my lads got one too their a credit to the breeder well done Paul top man

any pics of yours pal,cheers

Yeah mate but ain't got a clue how to put them up I tried yesterday but it done me head in couldn't do it I sent p Brookes a couple yesterday don't no if he can put them up for me I'll ask him later it's hard to get a good pic of mine he keeps putting his head up to the phone when I try cheers

thanks Paul sorry the pics are crap but it's like he got springs on his feet well u know ya self [bANNED TEXT] it's like taking pics of them I've not long got back with him took him were I thought there was no bunnys he still managed to find one couldn't believe it aint seen one there for over ten years his prey drive is huge nose down hunting all the time cheers pal

I HAVE A PUP FROM THE SAME LITTER .OVER THE MOON WITH HIM HE IS HUNTING LIKE A TRAIL HOUND HAS NO FEAR OF ANYTHING GOT A LEG FULL OF STAPLES AT THE MOMENT FROM A BARBED WIRE FENCE .

BUT GOING TO BE A GAME LITTLE DOG ,I CAN SEE I WILL HAVE TO TAKE GREAT CARE WHEN ENTERING HIM

BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GOOD SPORT WITH HIM THROUGH THE COMING SEASONS

I WILL BE INTERESTED TO HEAR HOW THE REST ARE COMING ON

KEEP THE INFO GOING

just got this one back. did tell em that it would be no good for a pet!!!!post-7205-0-24505900-1325615531.jpg

i like that, what height is she, thrown more to the whippet mate, very nice

post-7205-0-62284800-1325616744.jpgpost-7205-0-13500300-1325616760.jpg

Htomlins pup.

nice pups fella, defo more bully looking, hope he heals well, cheers fellas

Edited by hairyface