• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

afew pics of mine,great for me and the places we go.cp

i think i have finaly sussed it

COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE-GET A LOT MORE PERMISSION WITH SMALL DOG-GOT BED/GREYXBULL/WHIP-22TTS-SHOWN UP MANY A BIG BULLX-WILL DO ANYTHING YOU SHOW HER AND MORE-ITS DOWN TO THE BREEDING AND ENTERIN

Posted Images

I've line bred a bull grey to bull grey there on 4 th generation now very small look like bull whips I've also bought in a very close relation that's line bred too small racey

The very small inbred bitch has a lot of guts but lacks the sight hound blood which I want to introduce back in via a non ped whip or whip cross so very intrested in how this thread pans out also on powells 3/4 and his 5/8 too any info greatly recieved

i like the bull whip ,i just got a pup in.im a bullx fan but really worry about idiots breeding shit, ive had large heavy bullxs,could kill a fox (pre ban)if they caught one,but suffered from stamina and speed,

and had racy types that had no prob catching but would nt kill.if you need a hardy dog for lamping,ferreting,and good steady temperament that could take the odd fox now and again,then i reckon these bullxwhips may be a good choice.its gutting feeding a training any dog and dont take or do what you want.

i never really understood the bull/whippet. IMO you are crossing a strong corageous dog (bull) with the (in a lot of cases) the pussyiest weedy thin boned thin skinned dog.

i understand what the logic is..... best of both but i think in a lot of cases you end up with the worst of both a dog that is undersized for a lot of things and hass the bull so watered down by the whippet blood.

im sure a lot of theis is due to the fact people use jank whippet blood un tested either because they dont have the resourses to get genuine blood or are just breeding for looks.

compared to the bullx ghound the bullx whippet is a far far outclassed by the bullxghound.

can anyone who works these dogs (bullx whippet) tell what they are trying to acheive that couldnt get from bullxghound?

if its speed and agility given by the whippet this can easily be achieved with bullx ghound if you selective breed and of course the biggest part use the best blood.

I'm not wanting to start an argument, but i'm not sure you have seen any decent whippets if you think they are 'pussys' or 'weedy'. I admit, they don't have the best skin / jacket. But my experiance of them is that they have a far bigger heart and far more grit than their size would suggest. The biiggest problem i have with mine is too high prey drive. :laugh: They certainly don't seen to take into account their own size when chucking themselves at bigger quarry.

I get what you are saying about the advantages of a bull x grey, and i think that if you wanted a pure foxing machine (pre-ban) you would do best looking at line bred bull/grey or bull/grey/whip out of tested dogs.

However if we are talking first x's - how mant greyhound out there are being regularly worked and tested in the field? It's a lot easier to find a whippet that has been worked hard, taken a variety of game, and tested in the field. They tend to have good feet, good pace, decent stamina etc.

The right whippet and the right bull, and you could have some very hand animals, that would be good if later put back to a pure whippet, or back to a bull x grey.

jmo.

• Like 1

i never really understood the bull/whippet. IMO you are crossing a strong corageous dog (bull) with the (in a lot of cases) the pussyiest weedy thin boned thin skinned dog.

i understand what the logic is..... best of both but i think in a lot of cases you end up with the worst of both a dog that is undersized for a lot of things and hass the bull so watered down by the whippet blood.

im sure a lot of theis is due to the fact people use jank whippet blood un tested either because they dont have the resourses to get genuine blood or are just breeding for looks.

compared to the bullx ghound the bullx whippet is a far far outclassed by the bullxghound.

can anyone who works these dogs (bullx whippet) tell what they are trying to acheive that couldnt get from bullxghound?

if its speed and agility given by the whippet this can easily be achieved with bullx ghound if you selective breed and of course the biggest part use the best blood.

I really like the take off speed of a bull x whippet on small grounds, they can jump straight into it.

Nice dogs lads , do they have the size to be single handed dogs , or is it a bit of a battle ?

Its not the size of the dog its the size of its heart :thumbs: And yes not all but the right ones entered properly.

wrong combo of both if they aint got the size cant do job in hand. heart obviosly helps them stay/ commit

How big does a dog have to be to handle a fox which on average is say 14lb's.....a small bull/whip is going to be double that. :hmm:

If you get a dog thats bred well you'd be surprised what they're capable of.A lot of these dogs are popular these days because they don't look like the dick extensions that a lot of bull x lads crave..........in this day and age with this stupid ban, out of sight out of mind is the key.A little bull/whippet is not going to attract the attention that a big feck off bull/grey is. :thumbs:

not all bull greys are massive mine only about 25 inch to the shoulder :thumbs: each to there own i suppose but i honestley cant ee what they have over a dacent bull\greyhound

Some daft comments there. A good bull whippet shouldnt have any bother with a fox..obviously if your wanting an out and out fox dog a bull gh would be your choice but who started to compare them its a thread on bull whippets not bull gh. handy dogs in the right hands from what if seen run and own bull whippets always have a far better prey drive and determination. Now im not saying a bull whippet is better than a bull gh dogs for jobs.

• Like 1

Some daft comments there. A good bull whippet shouldnt have any bother with a fox..obviously if your wanting an out and out fox dog a bull gh would be your choice but who started to compare them its a thread on bull whippets not bull gh. handy dogs in the right hands from what if seen run and own bull whippets always have a far better prey drive and determination. Now im not saying a bull whippet is better than a bull gh dogs for jobs.

whats so daft you say dogs for jobs but what would give them the edge over gh cross

I'm not wanting to start an argument, but i'm not sure you have seen any decent whippets if you think they are 'pussys' or 'weedy'. I admit, they don't have the best skin / jacket. But my experiance of them is that they have a far bigger heart and far more grit than their size would suggest. The biiggest problem i have with mine is too high prey drive. :laugh: They certainly don't seen to take into account their own size when chucking themselves at bigger quarry.

I get what you are saying about the advantages of a bull x grey, and i think that if you wanted a pure foxing machine (pre-ban) you would do best looking at line bred bull/grey or bull/grey/whip out of tested dogs.

However if we are talking first x's - how mant greyhound out there are being regularly worked and tested in the field? It's a lot easier to find a whippet that has been worked hard, taken a variety of game, and tested in the field. They tend to have good feet, good pace, decent stamina etc.

The right whippet and the right bull, and you could have some very hand animals, that would be good if later put back to a pure whippet, or back to a bull x grey.

jmo.

too high prey drive. joke so if pre ban you faced it and faced it tested hard it wouldnt feel the pain. come on man its a whippet