• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

afew pics of mine,great for me and the places we go.cp

i think i have finaly sussed it

COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE-GET A LOT MORE PERMISSION WITH SMALL DOG-GOT BED/GREYXBULL/WHIP-22TTS-SHOWN UP MANY A BIG BULLX-WILL DO ANYTHING YOU SHOW HER AND MORE-ITS DOWN TO THE BREEDING AND ENTERIN

Posted Images

So are non ped faster?

yes alot faster mate,,,,i knew when my black dog made his height ,,,as far as i can remeber there,s never been a hardblood x grey made that height as a male in scotland in my area ,,,,i knew then,,,bull and bull x grey would make a bee line for him locally thats why i only lined him with a bitch a two or 3 times ,,,,and told others i wont line again

they wanted the extra gear and height ,,,,without going to a full grey and maybe making too much height

my old dog at 6yearold in summer 20inch ,,,white/ parti still was kicking about on a good run 8.30s,,,in time a ped racer cant get near those times ,,,,at 2year old never mind 6 year old

when we were both out my old mooching early morning a month ago,,,,the old dog wont run those speeds,,,hunting up ,,,or he wouldnt be here ,,if we went to an open feild after bigger bunny ,,,then ull see the diffrence ,,,,he,s learnt to drop the gears in rough ground or he would have died along time ago ,,,as it would have been dooging sucide,,,,ur working whip pup will do well,,,,u dont need my dogs speed for rabbits

• Like 1

From what I've been told, ped whippets are a lot smaller than their non ped counterparts. Non ped are the whippet version on linford christie, bred down greyhounds, a lot taller than ped whippets but smaller than greys. Good for a lot of things, racing, working but I'm sure from what I've seen, take a little bit longer to reach speed than a ped(shorter legs, quicker acceleration) and maybe not as agile as a ped. Dont know if I'd get a ped whippet again, non ped or whip x grey sounds like my next choice.

From what I've been told, ped whippets are a lot smaller than their non ped counterparts. Non ped are the whippet version on linford christie, bred down greyhounds, a lot taller than ped whippets but smaller than greys. Good for a lot of things, racing, working but I'm sure from what I've seen, take a little bit longer to reach speed than a ped(shorter legs, quicker acceleration) and maybe not as agile as a ped. Dont know if I'd get a ped whippet again, non ped or whip x grey sounds like my next choice.

yer right ,,,,but in same sentance yer soo wrong in size,,,,,the lightweight non peds and medium weight same as my white /parti,,,,have similar heights ,,,,peds are heavier on size than 18inch to same 18inch nonped,,,,not always the case but 98% true

ill put couple off pics off 2day,,,,nothing happened ,,,but ull notice the ground suited my smaller dog,,,,rather than bigger dog,,,,plus my smaller dog is prepared to bush,,,bigger dog,,,well he wants the open feild ,,,rather than run cover,,,,ill also put up pic off bigger dogs bull x grey mating ,,,4month old ,,,hes already adding the height and no doubt speed,,,,,but when it come,s to hunting certain ground u wont get better than working whippet,,,my only thing on them is in open ground i have noticed in past the ped aint making the ground up on rabbit and loses it,,,but they were young peds ,,,an older one probably would :thumbs:

pic1-66.jpg

his bull x grey at 4months,,,,i wont line him again to a bull breed,,,except one guy as bitch missed ,,,barr that never again

16weekpaddyspups.jpg

but will take rabbits in daytime ,,,on ground that doenst suit him ,,,but would SUIT the smaller whippet types

Photo0057.jpg

this is smaller whippet prepared to enter cover ,,,my bigger one wont ,,,not he wont 100% its just ,,its horses for courses on size,,,its not his ideal running ground ,,thats all,,,were a ped and smaller whippets its ideal

having a look in cover

pic2-55.jpg

pic3-48.jpg

the ground,, ,all thou u cant see there burrows every 20/30yards ideal ,,,for smaller whippet,,,,,i think jarvs new working whippet will do so well here,,,i think his pup out off 19inch sire and dam working whippets,,it wont need harblood speed here :thumbs:

pic4-42.jpg

Edited by whip x grey
  • Like 1

i think they were 3/8 bull 5 /8 whippet, think thats what i heard, might be wrong.! but j /p supposed to be good little dogs for most stuff.!

Jason started with the first x has the base for his line, then the 3/4 then the 5/8...........not seen any of the 3/4 or 5/8 work but see a 1st x work a fair bit and she's a cracking little bitch, punches well above her weight.These little dogs are not everybodys cup of tea due to their size but they seem to be popular.

The 2 i kept out of my litter. they are now 6 months old and i am very pleased with the way they are shaping up. sorry about the watermarks conputers not my forte.post-7205-0-79542700-1323608457.jpgpost-7205-0-58880600-1323608482.jpgpost-7205-0-92530400-1323608499.jpgpost-7205-0-67431400-1323608516.jpgpost-7205-0-88757600-1323608538.jpg

nice pups are they first cross

yeah. thats their mother in the back of the van with em. their father was a 23" whippet of dave sleights

Edited by pbrookes

yer right ,,,,but in same sentance yer soo wrong in size,,,,,the lightweight non peds and medium weight same as my white /parti,,,,have similar heights ,,,,peds are heavier on size than 18inch to same 18inch nonped,,,,not always the case but 98% true

ill put couple off pics off 2day,,,,nothing happened ,,,but ull notice the ground suited my smaller dog,,,,rather than bigger dog,,,,plus my smaller dog is prepared to bush,,,bigger dog,,,well he wants the open feild ,,,rather than run cover,,,,ill also put up pic off bigger dogs bull x grey mating ,,,4month old ,,,hes already adding the height and no doubt speed,,,,,but when it come,s to hunting certain ground u wont get better than working whippet,,,my only thing on them is in open ground i have noticed in past the ped aint making the ground up on rabbit and loses it,,,but they were young peds ,,,an older one probably would :thumbs:

pic1-66.jpg

his bull x grey at 4months,,,,i wont line him again to a bull breed,,,except one guy as bitch missed ,,,barr that never again

16weekpaddyspups.jpg

but will take rabbits in daytime ,,,on ground that doenst suit him ,,,but would SUIT the smaller whippet types

Photo0057.jpg

this is smaller whippet prepared to enter cover ,,,my bigger one wont ,,,not he wont 100% its just ,,its horses for courses on size,,,its not his ideal running ground ,,thats all,,,were a ped and smaller whippets its ideal

having a look in cover

pic2-55.jpg

pic3-48.jpg

the ground,, ,all thou u cant see there burrows every 20/30yards ideal ,,,for smaller whippet,,,,,i think jarvs new working whippet will do so well here,,,i think his pup out off 19inch sire and dam working whippets,,it wont need harblood speed here :thumbs:

pic4-42.jpg

Well dont really know much about whippets as this is the first one Iv owned.

All I wanting it for so can go mooching/ferreting anywere during the day and not getting the jail.

Be using for bunnys.

After thinking bout whippet x for while I ended up just going down the ped whippet route.