shogun / pajero swb views?

Lads, looking at getting swb shogun. Looking for some advice on what to look for when buying. Which models to go for, any common faults to check etc?

Any info would be spot on, thanks in advance boys

Wez

my opinion and for working in a pajero dealers/ breakers and owning/ driving all types of them lwb/swb/2.5/2.8/petrol/auto/manual and my personal opinion from what i found from them in the swb i would go for a 2.8 manual or auto (manual is my choice) most of them have the winter pack (2 batterys and body lift) as 2.8 is the better engine more power better on fuel and more reliable with timeing chain insted of belt

i would recomend a pajero that was imported from the year 2000 and later as i found them to be pritty much rot free but most shoguns ive seen has been pritty rusty

if you go for auto when you drive it if its a bit slow on the gear change needs oil and filter change

cheak for oil around the engine block as are known for rocker gasket going

black smoke is common with pajeros but aslong as it is black and not blue its fine and is a simple fix if can be botherd

and mialage doesnt matter coz if serviced will go on forever i had one with 450k on it thats with it being converted for kelomiters as the pajeros are mesured in (untill changed)

thats about it reli there pritty good in my opinion another thing if got a manual one sometimes when putting it into 4wd if youve got the clutch down to the floor the pedal will stick there and takes like 5mins to relise it

and if want to lift the suspension just put lwb rear spings on it and adjust the front with the torsion bars