my dh x's past and pressent

ALL POSITIVES seems to be no negatives when in the real we no this not to be the case ,deerhound crosses can be good better crossed to lurchers of any description ,gives ya better animals I HAVE SEEN THEM RUNNING WHEN THEY FEEL IN THE GROOVE ,then totally refuse to run ,can be very iritating , deerhounds f1s are better bred on 2nd 3rd 4th gen etc if its only the blood of the deer x grey one requires ,smaller more compact brighter yes brighter totally better type for the field , of course this his only my experience of seeing this in the field . there his some beautys on here bred in the main from platts line eh up i say all good for the breed ,we are seeing dogs way down the line from thios kennel ,i suppose one may say a tested line ,and yes the fella in question does upgrade his line of deerhound when necesary . tried and tested little words that count for lots ,breed from the best and cull the rest .atb bunnys.

the dhxgh bitch in my post would refuse to run at times so i got rid butt when she would run she was a cracking dog butt it was only when she wontad to run

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

theas are my dh x's past and present day one of my prefered x in lurchers this was my 3/4 x bitch this one is my dave platts dog my dhxgh x colliexgh of morton on thl my 2 dhxg

like the bitch 3/4 bred used to run that sort in the 70s on the longears. could do a job on the lamp to atb troter

this is my dhx and retrieving a shot fox

Posted Images

I must admit Ive never seen a first cross deerhound greyhound refuse to run..but, only ever worked two, a dog and a bitch, both of these would run on hot coals, face a lion if asked to..caught big bags of everything in the time I had them..suppose there are good and bad in all crosses, but please correct me if Im wrong..

hi there romany ,like has said seen a few with this anoying habit ,and then seen lots that never showed lackof ethusiasm .and of course you are right theres good and bad in all types , but what can be the most anoying of all his these animals that beget this habit are well and capable and some have been the previous outing .f1s in all types rarely gets the real toppers ,the f1 deerhound has a plus though they are very appealing to the eye even to joe bloggs , atb bunnys.

Thats what these sites are all about, people who have got the experience in certain areas passing the info on..like I said in my post, only had two in my life, so can only comment on what Ive had, spot on about first crossers, first crosser of any type ever going to be my personal cup of tea as workers, all have failings :thumbs: Ive had many lurchers over the years, and no first crosser comes in my top ten..

• Like 1

saw firdst crosss beardie colie and saluks out of tor of dartmoor very good dogs and run through a brick wall for hare or roe fox , never owned a first cross but had lurcher to lurcher good dogs them deerhound type once crossed just like staghounds good to good, old charti goes on about his first cross on here as a real deal , but never heard any keen hunting man buying first crosses nowadays mostly lurcher to lurcher

saw firdst crosss beardie colie and saluks out of tor of dartmoor very good dogs and run through a brick wall for hare or roe fox , never owned a first cross but had lurcher to lurcher good dogs them deerhound type once crossed just like staghounds good to good, old charti goes on about his first cross on here as a real deal , but never heard any keen hunting man buying first crosses nowadays mostly lurcher to lurcher

i buy what works and my 1st x doe's that i have had lurcher to lurchers before and most of what i had was very good and i have had some down right shit so i went for a 1st x and seems to be working out just fine for me so far