% Bull X

Would be geared toward the type of quarry and style of hunting you do/or did for many of us gnasher, on a personal note the half cross to me is the ultimate mix, a reserve 3/4 is too much bull and a 3/4 greyhound is not enough imo..................

for me 3/8 bull is enough , if it comes out right you should have enough speed from the the other % of the running dog , and the 3/8 is plenty of tenacity . And with this % 3/8 you go bull x to bull x lurcher to lurcher, which i think is the type to work.

• Like 1

Would be geared toward the type of quarry and style of hunting you do/or did for many of us gnasher, on a personal note the half cross to me is the ultimate mix, a reserve 3/4 is too much bull and a 3/4 greyhound is not enough imo..................

is this for all round work? or for a certain job?

From a historical viewpoint in this country bull blood was added for tenacity, pain threshold and power. Those that got dogs from this breeding didnt buy this type for its all round ability, so why dilute the very essence of what made this cross unique?

From a historical viewpoint in this country bull blood was added for tenacity, pain threshold and power. Those that got dogs from this breeding didnt buy this type for its all round ability, so why dilute the very essence of what made this cross unique?

a knor were your coming from pal but half crosses are hardly the best catching dogs an trouble with britain most of the quarry we hun t can fecking run so not really the best cross for most british quarry less your like me an run doubled lol but as everfyone knows i keep a kennel full of jackers so its a must to run em double lol lol :thumbs:
  • Like 1

3/8 is perfect as far as I'm concerned but the percentage doesn't make a difference anymore as most being bred are crap to crap producing crap so wether 1/2 or 1/128 it will more then likely not have the tenacity it should.

I do agree with simoman to a certain extent but think 1/4 is as low as I would or will go

ok lets put it another way....you have the choice of 2 young untried dogs......one is a straight 50/50 cross but is a physically more racey specimen......and the other is naturally a 3/8 cross.....and you knew nothing to the background of either......so purely a physical thing.....

would the 50/50 cross retain more natural strength due to the heavier % of bull even though its a racey looking dog than a 3/8 dog would have ..........if you get what im saying :blink:

• Like 1