Culling pups

dan mine are also kept just for work and also have the best of everything they are worked very hard and if not up to scratch then i dont keep them in fact the pup i reared got seriously injured start of week and i have a massive vets bill to pay but hoping she will fully recover.as she did it trying her guts out for me.as anyone who knows me will tell you i run my dogs hard and often .but feel there should be a bit of compassion involved in something that you have reared and spent time and money rearing up.the easy and cheap option would have been to have her put down but afraid thats not my . style

here's the thing though you keep them for work but the reality is that thats your hobby I would not keep 1 spaniel if I didnt' do this job.

dan its more a way of life than a hobby with me ive had them since i was born other than for a short time . way back in the seventies i packed a well paid job in and was working them flat out and beleive me there wasnt a running dog in the country that was worked harder than mine during this period.i have worked my dogs all., over the uk and met loads of good freinds through running the dogs,so to me its much more than a hobby. in my eyes anyway.out of interest what do you do keepering i would say at a guess .

:thumbs:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I breed a litter , it,s my responsibility to home the pups , they stay with me till they are found good homes , however long that takes.

a topic that should never be talked about in an open forum,,,doesnt show anyone in a good light in dog world in 2day,s time,s     one thing ive learned over the years,,,,when litter,s born,,,,the r

I got banned from another site for mentioning "culling", but surely if people put more thought into breeding and bred less litters, and only from the best; there would be no need to cull ?   Cheers.

never heard so much nonsense , bred a few lits over the yeasr nevr ever had to cull apup had dead ones perdectly formed just wasnt to be if you keep you dogs [bANNED TEXT] breed [bANNED TEXT], then dogs are fine , i keep mines fit until week of birth and give them the best staqrt in life had smaller pups in alitter but not runts ,just the way they throw , if you keep them in top condition feed them properly , no need to kill and bred of qaulity mand dogs that are evenly matched having litts isnt a big deal

good post agree 100% :thumbs: :thumbs:

If you see the difference in a litter of say 6 pups as opposed to 11 has on a bitch and the litter then you would know that food aint gonna make the difference.

The were 10 in the last litter my bitch had....she was fed twice a day on good quality food. The litter had no adverse affect on her well being.

Aye and I have a bitch here that has large litters but cannot handle them no mater what but reduce that to 5/6 and she does well and so do the pups to me it is all about recognising the fact that she was struggling and acting on it

If you see the difference in a litter of say 6 pups as opposed to 11 has on a bitch and the litter then you would know that food aint gonna make the difference.

The were 10 in the last litter my bitch had....she was fed twice a day on good quality food. The litter had no adverse affect on her well being.

Aye and I have a bitch here that has large litters but cannot handle them no mater what but reduce that to 5/6 and she does well and so do the pups to me it is all about recognising the fact that she was struggling and acting on it

Then why he hell line the bitch if she can't handle them ?

Cheers.

• Like 3

Then why he hell line the bitch if she can't handle them?

Cheers.

Because she is an excellent bitch with lots of traits that I find desirable and is ideal for continuing the line and with due respect till she had been lined how would you know if she could handle them or not??

Edited by danw

Cheers.

Because she is an excellent bitch with lots of traits that I find desirable and is ideal for continuing the line and with due respect till she had been lined how would you know if she could handle them or not??

ERR, with due respect; it was YOU who said she couldn't handle them !!!! re-read your own post !

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

ERR, with due respect; it was YOU who said she couldn't handle them !!!! re-read your own post !

Cheers.

Okay I will word it differently for YOU how could I have known she couldn't handle a large litter until such time as she had whelped It would be easy to assume that as a first whelping she may struggle but subsequent whelpings could be ok and now knowing that she cant' handle that size of litter how is it detrimental to her if I reduce the size of the litter to a manageable size given I now she can carry them but can't raise them?

Cheers.

Cheers.

Okay I will word it differently for YOU how could I have known she couldn't handle a large litter until such time as she had whelped It would be easy to assume that as a first whelping she may struggle but subsequent whelpings could be ok and now knowing that she cant' handle that size of litter how is it detrimental to her if I reduce the size of the litter to a manageable size given I now she can carry them but can't raise them?

Well, if she is so good a bitch that you have to keep breeding from her...... crack on mate.

Edited to add; you puppy peddling prick !!

Edited by chartpolski

Cheers.

Cheers.

Well, if she is so good a bitch that you have to keep breeding from her...... crack on mate.

:laugh: ......WTF!!! Dan would be the worlds worst puppy peddlar wont he Chart' since he culls half them, keeps the rest or gives to close friends....... :hmm: Puppy peddlar......ffs :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers.

Cheers.

:laugh: ......WTF!!! Dan would be the worlds worst puppy peddlar wont he Chart' since he culls half them, keeps the rest or gives to close friends....... :hmm: Puppy peddlar......ffs :laugh: :laugh:

Well, just by reading his posts........ he seems to say he keeps breeding from a bitch, that can't handle having pups !! Where am I wrong ???

Cheers.

Cheers.

Well, just by reading his posts........ he seems to say he keeps breeding from a bitch, that can't handle having pups !! Where am I wrong ???

Well i read it as the bitch has pups and he helps her cope by culling some, i haven't read that the bitch struggles during the pregnancy only after it..................seems like he knows what he's doing. And puppy peddling is churning out pups, giving them to any c**t just for the money!!

Cheers.

Cheers.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: try reading the thread.