problem terrier

Wonder if any of u terrier lads can help me out with a problem, I feel embarassed asking as Ive had terriers all my life, problem is my 18 month old jackie bitch, soon as I let her off the lead she buggers off, u would think she was on a mission, just goes in a strait line, oh she comes back with a lot of whistling and shouting, but by then theres nowt in sight, her sister is a different dog all together, works the bushes and never lets me out of her sight, cracking little dog, thing is the other is a better worker when u get her down to it, its no good clouting her when she does come back ( Idont believe in that anyway )or she'll think shes done wrong coming back, any ideas?, cheers.

Wonder if any of u terrier lads can help me out with a problem, I feel embarassed asking as Ive had terriers all my life, problem is my 18 month old jackie bitch, soon as I let her off the lead she buggers off, u would think she was on a mission, just goes in a strait line, oh she comes back with a lot of whistling and shouting, but by then theres nowt in sight, her sister is a different dog all together, works the bushes and never lets me out of her sight, cracking little dog, thing is the other is a better worker when u get her down to it, its no good clouting her when she does come back ( Idont believe in that anyway )or she'll think shes done wrong coming back, any ideas?, cheers.

try a remote training collar mate used to have a lurcher that kept doing that and after a few outings with the collar it was fine

i would try her in the hallway of your house any member of the family to help will do, you at one end helper at the other get the dog to come to you by encouraging it with small pieces of ham meat whatever they like try this over a few wks period and every time the dog comes to you praise it to death and so on then try it in the garden after a few wks were it aint got far to go oh and make sure you are kneeling not standing up the idea is to be as near to the ground as possible this will encourage the dog more it will be curious at whats going on, after the garden just see how it goes when you are out keep taking treats out with you for a few wks and see how you go dont forget praise praise and more praise if the dog keeps coming back then you can slowly worm it of the treats a piece for every two or three times it comes back.

is the terrier in question kenneled out side..???...I had this prob with My pat...'14 mths' old......brought him inside for a few days a week. took him to work a few days a week....the change in the dog is unbelieveable....

try to get close with the dog..

Alhoy