frontline spray

Have a look here for Frontline spray -

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/search_results.asp

100ml - £11.75, 250ml - £27.07 & 500ml - £34.06 - need a prescription though

Does anyone know if the stuff in the spray is the same as the Frontline Spot on Dog ?

I've got 4 cockers, so I have been buying Frontline Plus 40 - 60kg size Spot on Dog & using a syringe to divide it into 4 doses & applying it to the skin (no not injecting it :p), which works out a lot cheaper than buying 4 individual treatments, but if the spray stuff is the same it will work out even cheaper :D :D

we use ivomec for our dogs ferrets and racing pigeons never had fleas lice on pigeons or anything really good stuff just drop on back of neck it even acts as a wormer for the pigeons not sure about dogs tho

Have a look here for Frontline spray -

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/search_results.asp

100ml - £11.75, 250ml - £27.07 & 500ml - £34.06 - need a prescription though

Does anyone know if the stuff in the spray is the same as the Frontline Spot on Dog ?

I've got 4 cockers, so I have been buying Frontline Plus 40 - 60kg size Spot on Dog & using a syringe to divide it into 4 doses & applying it to the skin (no not injecting it :p), which works out a lot cheaper than buying 4 individual treatments, but if the spray stuff is the same it will work out even cheaper :D :D

We have used both for our dogs, must admit that the spot on is easier, the amount we have to use of the spray means that you have to get the dogs to stand still for a min to apply and then rub in, oldest dog hates it but is fine with spot on. Only have to pick up spray and she gets all silly! :laugh: Use the spray on the ferrets from time to time, easiest way to get off ticks and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Russell,

you are dead right about buying the biggest packet and measuring out the correct dose. Over here the tiny packets for small dogs cost almost as much as the biggest packets that have much greater volumes.

Frontline is fantastic (the spot on is what I've used) and revolutionised flea treatment. Indeed, it ended the flea problem altogether for me. However, I find that we now have fleas that are inmmune to it, and I hear the same from others. Good old natural selection has been at work in the fleas, it seems. I switched to Advantage, which is the same type of product but with a different chemical.

I don't want to slander Frontline, which is a great product, but has anyone else had similar problems with flea resistence?

well ive ended up having to book a dog in with the vets which i really resent doing.thing is the dogs dont have a flea problem ,i was just thinking ahead and trying to stay on top of things before the weather kicks in.

cost is 100ml at £19.50 and 250ml at £32.70

why im on it i came across something the chemists sell, it was actually a vet that mentioned it ive never heard of it its called nuvan spray has anyone used it did it do the job?

it used to be called nuvan top,Orange can with a white top same as front line our old vets used to sell it :victory: