fao cookland deerhounds

had a pal wanted a certaoin dog of mine over his 4 yr old bitch ,based on his breeding and so on the dog was only 18mths has a favour i allowed the mating to take place no pups were sold all those kept on the bitch were taken between a few , its difficult to say but with the whipps when i was a kid many a good un came from a pet kept bitch with breeding ,pin money ,the wee bitches earned there keep .atb bunnys.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does it really matter what the parents are like for catching....how many bull terriers, collies etc can actually catch a hare; and people still use these..

I bought Doxhope Knight Errant (sire) doxhope Justine (dam) in 2001 and 2002. i bred a litter in 2007 and kept 4 for myself 2 dogs and 2 bitches and sold one to a good friend from Derby called Dave Rh

if you brought a dog of him last year and he didnt last long theres your answer.! you run them earlie and broke them? Me and my brother got 1 f1 each both cookland 11 and 14 month they might end up

Stud work...its the same as entering to a degree..pardon the pun..but early success can make all the difference..using a 14 month dog to mate a bitch isnt exactly going to strain tendons, break bones or put hips out..in some cases it speeds up the mental maturity, settling them down, and as far as producing too many pups, its his dog, he can do what the f**k he likes with it, nothing worse than a novice with an opinion

so you have to be hunting 50 years before you allowed an opinion???? an how would you know im a novice???

do you honestly beleive that becuase you have hunted longer it means your better at it then others who aint been in it same amount a time??? heres me thinking folk learn at diffrent rates, i seen some old fella's that couldnae get the best out there dogs if they got a 1 to 1 lesson n how to do so an some younger guys that do well :yes:

why even come on a forum if you aint intrested in other folks opinions :blink:

i never slated mr cookland, all i said is he will end up compared to hancock, take that how yous please :laugh:

funny thing is every top breeder says the same thing it does not matter how old or what the dog/bitch has seen its all down to blood....... lines..... quality thats why they started in the first place to produce the goods so they will continually have good stuff

Stud work...its the same as entering to a degree..pardon the pun..but early success can make all the difference..using a 14 month dog to mate a bitch isnt exactly going to strain tendons, break bones or put hips out..in some cases it speeds up the mental maturity, settling them down, and as far as producing too many pups, its his dog, he can do what the f**k he likes with it, nothing worse than a novice with an opinion

so you have to be hunting 50 years before you allowed an opinion???? an how would you know im a novice???

do you honestly beleive that becuase you have hunted longer it means your better at it then others who aint been in it same amount a time??? heres me thinking folk learn at diffrent rates, i seen some old fella's that couldnae get the best out there dogs if they got a 1 to 1 lesson n how to do so an some younger guys that do well :yes:

i never slated mr cookland, all i said is he will end up compared to hancock, take that how yous please :laugh:

Calm down dear, its only a commercial

Maybe your right, why come on a forum..

Sorry if an old man has offended you in any way.

Enjoy your time on here

Bit of advice Id just leave that 1 "reddawn."

Iv herd that "romany" has owned a few resonable dogs and he has a little bit of experience in the breeding and running of deerhounds and there crosses.

Iv herd that "romany" has owned a few resonable dogs and he has a little bit of experience in the breeding and running of deerhounds and there crosses.

i also have heard good things about the man, but to call somebody a novice when you know fook all about them is a tad silly imo

youll notice i never insulted anybody on this thread as i cant, i dont know anybody personally

but beleive me just because you have been around something longer than somebody else, dont automatically say your better

if that was the case surely all these f1 drivers would be old men, same as a lot of other pasttimes/sports/hobbies or fieldsports whether dogs play a part or not

lets face it not all oldies are the gods they think the are, there is a load a younger dogmen out there that know just as much if not more :yes:

• Like 1

i also have heard good things about the man, but to call somebody a novice when you know fook all about them is a tad silly imo

youll notice i never insulted anybody on this thread as i cant, i dont know anybody personally

but beleive me just because you have been around something longer than somebody else, dont automatically say your better

if that was the case surely all these f1 drivers would be old men, same as a lot of other pasttimes/sports/hobbies or fieldsports whether dogs play a part or not

lets face it not all oldies are the gods they think the are, there is a load a younger dogmen out there that know just as much if not more :yes:

I had 70 odd amature boxing bouts, But jo calzaghe would say Im a novice wouldnt he ? Hed be correct in comparisson to what hes done himself.

Leave it, Leave it ! ! :laugh:

I had 70 odd amature boxing bouts, But jo calzaghe would say Im a novice wouldnt he ? Hed be correct in comparisson to what hes done himself.

if you looking for an argument you looking in the wrong corner mr ali :blink:

i said my bit :bye:

It was no refrence to my boxing abelity or lack of it. it was an example.

yes youv said your bit .. and made a tit of yourself infront of a lot of deerhound lurcher owners bye telling BILL DOHERTY all about deerhound lurchers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::victory::bye:

It was no refrence to my boxing abelity or lack of it. it was an example.

yes youv said your bit .. and made a tit of yourself infront of a lot of deerhound lurcher owners bye telling BILL DOHERTY all about deerhound lurchers :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::victory::bye:

where did i tell bill docherty all abput deerhound lurchers???? :icon_eek: some folk just make shit up as they go along, im sure of it, for your info, i know who romany is lol

an i didnt tell him anything about deerhound lurchers, please show me where i did :yes:

as far as i see it, i asked if the man bred off a puppy :blink: did i not??? bill wasnt even involved till he called me a novice, an i said nothing about deerhounds or there crosses to the man, now please correct me if im wrong :tongue2:

an from where im sitting my pedigree chum, your the only guy that is making himself look a tit on this thread, pull your head out mr dochertys arse, they guy will be wanting a bit a private time :laugh:

Edited by reddawn