livery costs

iam moving to a house out the sticks and are thinking about putting the land good use,setting up stables etc,for aprox 5 horses.question 1.how much is 1 horse livery,the owner doing all the turning out,riding etc,it will have water,elec.2 . how much acreage per horse is needed.thanks for any help

There is such a wide variation from region to region and grass management issues,grass quality, size of horse ponies, quality of stables, will they be out all winter or in during the winter etc its to variable to answer really.

They use to say an acre a horse but in these days of quality grass management, lamanitis risk etc you have to weigh it all up.

There is such a wide variation from region to region and grass management issues,grass quality, size of horse ponies, quality of stables, will they be out all winter or in during the winter etc its to variable to answer really.

They use to say an acre a horse but in these days of quality grass management, lamanitis risk etc you have to weigh it all up.

ok thanks for help,stables will be new ,i just need to get the layout right,i have horsey mates so will seek more advise.

Hi round me it is one and a half acres per horse 15 a week grass livery and 25 a week stable and grass part livery 100 to 150 a week and full livery 200 to 250 a week depending on type of yard ie posh or just a yard and whether has a manage and individual turnout

ok thanks for the advise.