Difference of opinion

ffs a digs a dig did`nt realise people choose the depths of em these days ....

Would you put one of your dogs in a one holer at the bottom of a mountain stig ??

thats can be 1 of the times a dog that only stays for an hour or so can be handy

Yes no what your saying mate, But your not going to get a bolt, and slim chance you will dig it in a hour. And not for one that stays till dug :thumbs:

Edited by christian71

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went out with some lads years ago, One fella said bang your dog in there at the bottom of a feck off big hill (mountain) i looked round no other holes, i said you bang your dog in, he said we will l

If i had someone up for a days diging,i dont think i would take them to an earth that we would be stuck at all day,what would be the point if say they had maybe 3 terriers with them and you wanted to

just woundering did any one every get a lad out hunting and said that he was not putting his dog in the hole and wat was his excuse i did many moons a go with my old dog mick my mate said he done this earth befour and the qurry was to big so put my dog in dug to him and got 4 qurry in the one hole a good days work for the old boy and by the way it was very quite on the way home in the car that was about 16 years ago never had that problim any more

• Like 1

Would you put one of your dogs in a one holer at the bottom of a mountain stig ??

thats can be 1 of the times a dog that only stays for an hour or so can be handy

Yes no what your saying mate, But your not going to get a bolt, and slim chance you will dig it in a hour. And not for one that stays till dug :thumbs:

i for one hate a bolt ,but i know what your saying pal ,a mute hard dog could get in a bad mess in aplace like that but who knows it may be right handy and some people are hard up for game and cant just pass an occupied earth just cause it looks deep

i for one hate a bolt ,but i know what your saying pal ,a mute hard dog could get in a bad mess in aplace like that but who knows it may be right handy and some people are hard up for game and cant just pass an occupied earth just cause it looks deep

The feckers wouldnt Put there dogs in looked as bad a place as you could get, They where just being c@nts i was only about early 20s at the time,

never say never but i dont think the thread starters talking mountain side -- one holers christian

yes

If I invite someone out with their dogs it is only fair to offer them the first dig to their dog. They traveled out on my invitation. If they opt out or the dog messes about then my dog's turn. You are only going to find out what is in it and how bigt he place is if someone puts a dog in, be it theirs or mine.

A question for everyone, right a long story cut short a mate an I were having a conversation about dogs . When we got talking about a mate of his that is coming to collect a pup I said" ask him if he wants to bring a dog and we will take on some of our permission for a dig" my mate said that he didn't think it was right asking him over for a dig when we don't know the depths of the earth that we would be working! I think he felt that it might seem that we was mugging him of by asking him to put a dog in an earth that we didn't know the depth of or haven't dug before! My argument was that I was wasn't asking him to put his dog in an earth that I wasn't willing to fire my dog in blind regardless of depth! It would only be for a bit of sport! Whats your opinion ?

if its on your permission how come you dont know how deep it is ?

It's new permission and we've only had one dig there last weekend, there plenty to go at there. We could have asked him on our old permission but it's very hit an miss, so I thought as he's had a bit if a journey I would go to a place where we would have more of a chance of a dig!!

if you want to give him some easy digs so he can get off for his tea check some out -- if you want to test his dogs put a stew in the slow cooker and take em as you find em .... tell him before hand the earths your trying you`ve not tested ..

It's up to the dog owner if it looks a straight forward dig no problem, but lets be honest over the years we have all seen dogs put in stupid places which are asking for trouble ie drains where the guy entering the dog has guessed that the pipe at the other side of the field is connected to where the dog is been entered while telling us how many this drain has held before. Only to spend the afternoon going around a housing estate lifting manhole covers looking for his dog as it is not the same drain. The guy that has lost a dog in a quarry before but losses 2 more in the same quarry. Its down to each dog owner to make up his own mind.

wat the dogs for. to sit and look how nice they are. or hunt or work them no matter wat dep the are .it up to the man in qus and if he said i not putting my dog in. that would be the last time i would askhim to come hunting myself my dog would be gone that wat he is there for

come on out to me then ive a nice earth for Murt.. you know the 1 i mean!! i wud have no problem workin any of my dogs in any earth but its digging dog & game out thats a fcuker.. we were in this earth for 9 hrs and 14 foot.. nice test for the dog but i wudnt go back and do it again..