Difference of opinion

A question for everyone, right a long story cut short a mate an I were having a conversation about dogs . When we got talking about a mate of his that is coming to collect a pup I said" ask him if he wants to bring a dog and we will take on some of our permission for a dig" my mate said that he didn't think it was right asking him over for a dig when we don't know the depths of the earth that we would be working! I think he felt that it might seem that we was mugging him of by asking him to put a dog in an earth that we didn't know the depth of or haven't dug before! My argument was that I was wasn't asking him to put his dog in an earth that I wasn't willing to fire my dog in blind regardless of depth! It would only be for a bit of sport! Whats your opinion ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went out with some lads years ago, One fella said bang your dog in there at the bottom of a feck off big hill (mountain) i looked round no other holes, i said you bang your dog in, he said we will l

ffs a digs a dig did`nt realise people choose the depths of em these days ....

If i had someone up for a days diging,i dont think i would take them to an earth that we would be stuck at all day,what would be the point if say they had maybe 3 terriers with them and you wanted to

wat the dogs for. to sit and look how nice they are. or hunt or work them no matter wat dep the are .it up to the man in qus and if he said i not putting my dog in. that would be the last time i would askhim to come hunting myself my dog would be gone that wat he is there for

if someone asked me to go for a hunt i'd be gone no prob and would not care how deep it was because i would stay till we dug it out . no point going and letting someone else put there dog in if ur not willing to its the chance you take some are easy some are hard its the luck of the draw cheers danny

If he keeps terriers and he thinks they worth any value at all, he hardly expects you to bring him somewhere for a dig that you could dig the dog with the heel of your boot !!! Or does he ?? Not much confidence in his dogs that spells out to me...

• Like 1

i remember goin down to sounder for a dig last season and we werent havin any luck what so ever.We went to a quarry and i looked at the holes and were red raw.He told me that everyone around stays clear because they reckon they were too deep to dig but we said fcuk it we had help if we needed it .Dropped his jack dog and dug him at about 10 inchs with 2 in a stop end :laugh: just goes to show they might look deep but might not be

• Like 1