noisy pups.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lurcherbitch

Your gonna have to take him to bed with ya :laugh::laugh:

eerrrmmm...well, i was saving that space for you..... :clapper:

Ok, hit him on the head with a mallet, keep my side of the bed warm, am on my way over :kiss: :tongue2::laugh:

Jonno, are you sure the anti bark collar was on correctly? The unit needs to be failry tight and under the neck on the vocal chords, also some models only work on barks and not whining. What about a pigs trotter to knaw on?

Your best option is to allow him to bark, enter him correctly and at 18 months he can come and live with me :D

Jonno, are you sure the anti bark collar was on correctly? The unit needs to be failry tight and under the neck on the vocal chords, also some models only work on barks and not whining. What about a pigs trotter to knaw on?

Your best option is to allow him to bark, enter him correctly and at 18 months he can come and live with me :D

yes matey, its working. i can tell by the light that comes on and the raised pitch of his howls!! :icon_eek: still dont stop him though

:hmm:

JD , CAN I ASK HOW OLD THE PUP WAS WHEN YOU GOT HIM ?

I HAD A BIT OF TROUBLE WITH MY BULL X , I HAD HER HERE YOUNG AND SHE IS OBCESSED WITH ME .... NOW SHES VERY MUCH BETTER...... THOUGH...... DOESNT LIKE BEING SEPARATED FROM ME AND IS STILL ....... NOISIER THAN ANY OTHER LURCHER IVE HAD ......

QUITE A FEW COURSING BRED DOGS ARE BECOMING NOISEY , AND ARE BAD TO KENNEL ....... A LOT COMING FROM THE F H LINES ESPECIALLY THE CHARLIE DOG ,

A GOOD FRIEND WHO WAS RUNNING THE FENS YRS BEFORE MOST HAD HEARD OF THE PLACE , IS NOW INTO RABBTING WITH HIS POINTER CROSSES ........... A ONE OF HIS SAYINGS RELATEING TO THE COURSING LINES IS ....

" YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM ALL WEEK MATE , . NOT JUST THE FEW HOURS THAT THEY ARE RUNNING "

LOT OF MEAT IN THEM WORDS FOR " ANY " DOG MAN

BUT THATS WHAT YER GET FOR GETTING SANKEYS CAST OFFS .................. :tongue2:

GOOD LUCK JD , YOU WILL NEED IT :whistle: ......... MY ULCER IS ONE HELL OF A LOT BETTER SINCE I STOPPED WITH THE SALUKI DOGS :D

DUCKWING :big_boss:

An old fashioned ticking clock is supposed to have a calming reasuring effect on a young pup, never tried myself, was told by an old terrierman and he reckoned it worked for him. Supposed to replicate the bitch's heartbeat. :hmm:

When I all the pups went their different ways I gradually introduced my new bitch puppy to her new kennel,hour here and there then gradually upped it when she winned hose pipe along with bad dog stopped her in her tracks, :victory: because we are lambing getting up at five,let her out and take her with me up the lambing shed,trouble is now she is like a fking :censored: cockrell at five a clock lets go lambing how do you explain to her the next batch does not lamb for a fortnight :hmm:and I want a lie in

best of luck sorting your problem ,i know what your going threw i,v had a niosey fecker but thats not the lot some may be sitting thinking its only the pup but it aint what they have to remember is everytime the pup makes a niose the misses lying next to you gives you a dig in the ribs and quietly but with pure aggression in her vioce says sort that pup out :( been there mate best of luck and i found paracetemal good for taking the pain away from me ribs after the digs helped alot :clapper::clapper:

in the same boat with a weaton cross that my mate reared till twelve months.

which he could not live with.

tried nearly every thing you have too.

the only thing i can say is some times we can spend a little too much time with them

as pups either training or just having a laugh with pup working out its charachter.

might be better to leave him and let him get used to being on his own.

this was probably the first thing you tought of but just in case best of luck

Guest Bunny Basher

If you've tried all the ones mentioned then one which i GUARANTEE will work is ACP tablets from the vets,we get them each year around bonfire night and they are not expensive just a few pennies,they sleep like logs with not a care in the world,the next morning there are no ill effects at all.Perhaps putting him on these for a little while will help him forget about the whineing..please try it,i'm sure you won't be disappointed :D