Please help

I agree with "spot.me.in.the.dark", if the dog is 35 i think you should retire it.

Get real mate, a 35 year old dog is in it's prime.. :yes::thumbs:

Not if it's been worked propely. I usually retire them around 25ish.

They're barely out of being pups at that age, you must give them a real hard life.. :yes::thumbs:

:laugh: Or maybe others give theirs to easy a life.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ffs Wilf man up Anybody and i mean anybody who knows owt about dogs should have every Plummer book handy for occasions such as this. Failing that give Simoman a pm and im sure he,ll give you all the

110% shoot the dog and its not your fault in any way whats so ever........

Stick an electric collar on it and zap the living daylights out of it if it looks at you a bit funny - should come right.

I am at my wits end, after 35 years of perfect behaviour my dog did something odd for half a second the other night...............I now feel my season is completely over!!!!

I take it out 2 times a week and mooch about in the day allowing it to do whatever it likes, it has caught masses of game for me in the last 26 years but when it had the off moment the other night I just knew in my heart that this was the end............I just dont know where to turn.

I have never bothered to read a training book or ask someone in person that knows about such things, but I just cant understand why the dog totally ignores my commands/kicks/blows when we are out............as I said, I know this is the end and I am determined to give up the game................I just cant take it anymore.

Any two bob advice please from someone who,s dog is no better than mine would really help me sort me head out

If Skycat could possibly take 20 minutes out of her life to write something that I will totally ignore, that would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

how the f**k is the dog 35 years old is this a joke or do you have no concept of time ? instead of moaning about your dog why dont you make an effort to learn about the type of dog you have . Most sighthounds or sighthound mixes learn better by positive reenforcement so stop subjecting your dog to acts of cruelty and bond with it . You say you mooch twice a week and let your dog do as it pleases well from what i can see its you not the dog thats the problem im a begginner to hunting but ive had dogs all my life and i have read and watched countless articles and programmes on dog behavior and its always the handler your a joke and how you can call yourself an extreme hunter is beyond me take some good advice and let someone who knows what they are doing have the dog because you obviously dont know how to use it

Yeah, you tell him fella. This Wilf character knows feck all about dogs by the seem of it.. :yes::thumbs:

:thumbs::laugh:

I am at my wits end, after 35 years of perfect behaviour my dog did something odd for half a second the other night...............I now feel my season is completely over!!!!

I take it out 2 times a week and mooch about in the day allowing it to do whatever it likes, it has caught masses of game for me in the last 26 years but when it had the off moment the other night I just knew in my heart that this was the end............I just dont know where to turn.

I have never bothered to read a training book or ask someone in person that knows about such things, but I just cant understand why the dog totally ignores my commands/kicks/blows when we are out............as I said, I know this is the end and I am determined to give up the game................I just cant take it anymore.

Any two bob advice please from someone who,s dog is no better than mine would really help me sort me head out

If Skycat could possibly take 20 minutes out of her life to write something that I will totally ignore, that would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

how the f**k is the dog 35 years old is this a joke or do you have no concept of time ? instead of moaning about your dog why dont you make an effort to learn about the type of dog you have . Most sighthounds or sighthound mixes learn better by positive reenforcement so stop subjecting your dog to acts of cruelty and bond with it . You say you mooch twice a week and let your dog do as it pleases well from what i can see its you not the dog thats the problem im a begginner to hunting but ive had dogs all my life and i have read and watched countless articles and programmes on dog behavior and its always the handler your a joke and how you can call yourself an extreme hunter is beyond me take some good advice and let someone who knows what they are doing have the dog because you obviously dont know how to use it

best post so far, you tell that wannabe dog man mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers!

I knew there'd be one along soon... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ffs Wilf man up :censored: Anybody and i mean anybody who knows owt about dogs should have every Plummer book handy for occasions such as this. Failing that give Simoman a pm and im sure he,ll give you all the advice you need. Or (and this is a desparate measure by the way) Phone Whin (pointless pm,in him coz his scribblings are undisipherable) and you,ll come back not curing your dog but a veritable oracle on all things lobster pot, phezziez,miners strike and salmon :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: atb stabba

• Like 3

Ffs Wilf man up :censored: Anybody and i mean anybody who knows owt about dogs should have every Plummer book handy for occasions such as this. Failing that give Simoman a pm and im sure he,ll give you all the advice you need. Or (and this is a desparate measure by the way) Phone Whin (pointless pm,in him coz his scribblings are undisipherable) and you,ll come back not curing your dog but a veritable oracle on all things lobster pot, phezziez,miners strike and salmon :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: atb stabba

:laugh: Don't forget that he'll also be blessed with the ability to run the best competitions known to man, be they lamping comps, pool comps, whatever.. ;):laugh:

Cheers!

Cheers mate :victory:

:laugh: Don't forget that he'll also be blessed with the ability to run the best competitions known to man, be they lamping comps, pool comps, whatever.. ;):laugh:

Thanks M 8..........I have found a shock collar on ebay, its missing a battery and needs re-wiring but its only a fiver...........I will get that a go...............dont want to give up on the dog............part of the family............soul mate.............partner in crime etc etc

Thanks for all the advice so far............all you others can f**k off...............I would match you any day, if you want to match just pm me..........anytime etc etc

• Like 1

as long as he shouts watch your feet

Cheers!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::rofl::haha: :haha: :haha:

This has got to be the best reply ever :clapper: :clapper:

Cheers!

If i was you i'd breed from it. Nothing like keeping your lines going is there. How much for a pup ??