Ending a tenancy agreement early?

I'll add my POV from a landlord, my tenent pays rent, i pay a mortgage, the letting agency take 10% of the rent plus VAT, so lets just say i dont dine at Ramseys resturant each week. Everytime they find a new tenent or i incur paperwork its costs another £100, plus just recently the boiler broke and i had to find £2,000 in 3 days to get a new one put in, not all landlords are rich.......

EXPENSIVE BOILER

True mate! servise prop would of done the same job.

Edited by Mustard.

We have put a lot of effort into the house and money. Decorating, doing the garden up, putting outside lights in and modernised the place. The landlady is nice enough, she's from Zimbabwe and but lives in Nottingham. Far distance from Scotland!! I think she would understand, only problem is her cock of a partner. He rang us moaning that we wanted to put the rent in early because I was working away. Honestly the house is in mint condition and far better than when she rented it to us. Just need something a bit better for the money I'm paying. Might just be honest and offer the deposit if I want this house that much

First of all, you WILL lose your deposit and dont have a leg to stand on, and she may or may not allow you to end the tenancy early, speaking as a landlord i can tell you with all the costs involved i'd tell my tenent to f**k off :laugh:

months notice and mine was gone --- if anyone wants a 2 bed bungalow its up for sale -- dont know how it works the other way round deposit will be lost and maybe full rent to the end of the agreement ..

all you can do is ask your landlord but read your agreement first and check what there allowed to charge and for how long if your ending your tenancy early

i've had tenents i've been sorry to see go and i've had then i've been glad to see the back of but if you really want something it might be worth losing a deposit

or a couple of months rent

one of my landladys was mint i moved out with in 3 day as i had a new job and she was fine even give me the deposit back

other one i had to wait a hole month but still got me deposit back, we had spent well over £3000 on doing the place up in 2 year so she got the better end of the deal!

all you can do is talk to her mate

Edited by graham4877

I'll add my POV from a landlord, my tenent pays rent, i pay a mortgage, the letting agency take 10% of the rent plus VAT, so lets just say i dont dine at Ramseys resturant each week. Everytime they find a new tenent or i incur paperwork its costs another £100, plus just recently the boiler broke and i had to find £2,000 in 3 days to get a new one put in, not all landlords are rich.......

:thumbs: it all goes wrong at once.... 1 boiler and 2 moonlights weve had all in 3 weeks, wish id never got into the game tbh

:thumbs: it all goes wrong at once.... 1 boiler and 2 moonlights weve had all in 3 weeks, wish id never got into the game tbh

Agree with that last statement...

When all is going well it is just about OK, good even if the house prices are still going up but as soon as stuff starts to go wrong with the house /tennants you can find yourself seriously out of pocket in no time at all.

If i added all the times I have had to lash out money when things in the house have broken/been wrecked or tennants have lost jobs/been sent to prison/not paid etc. I would have been better off just getting a second job

I 've just taken on 3 professionals after my last tenants of 3 years had to be re-allocated through work. Nothing in 3 years, best tenants you could of had.

Now a new garage door needed to be changed, shower pump blew, new stair rail, and 2 bedrooms and living room painted.

Rules keep changing as a landlord, and we must adhere to them!

I 've just taken on 3 professionals after my last tenants of 3 years had to be re-allocated through work. Nothing in 3 years, best tenants you could of had.

Now a new garage door needed to be changed, shower pump blew, new stair rail, and 2 bedrooms and living room painted.

I know mate, i recently spent 4 days redecorating the entire house and the tenent had been in 4 days when the boiler blew, what really pissed me off was EON refused to pay out on the boiler insurance as they said my boiler inspection was a month late...........

ive found that the council dont help either with all the amendments they make to tennants claims. we lost a good tennant because they reduced her payments and she just couldnt afford to make it up out of her other monies, the other scumbags left us with a heap of work to do before we can even think abot letting out again including a whole bathroom suite they took with them :censored:

• Like 1

had mine 15 year with no problems -- regular maintance is the key and a few mates in the building game -- just done new boiler - kitchen bath room and carpets and its on the market at 167k 110 more than it cost -- happy days ..

i got out of mine with a weeks notice and got my deposit back, that was through an agency, in fairness it did take about 40hrs of dusting and painting to get the place liveable in and i think thats what made it for us, i just told them i had to move for work and they already knew my gf was doing a 2hr commute each day