picks of dave platts dogs

How much time we talking about?

you have to let them matchure pal dont no how long you no when they are ready wont be long if his dog is 15months cupple more months wont do it any harm

Ive only had 2 first crossers, a dog and a bitch, both were killing (rabbits) before a year old..but its always good to hear sensible views of giving any dog plenty of time to develope, both physically and mentally, havent ever spoilt a dog through entering too early, but Ive seen others who did spoil their dogs, and they werent deerhound crosses.

Canny looking dogs by the way

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats your opinion butt i think he is a lovely looking dog same as the other lads aswell

How much time we talking about?

you have to let them matchure pal dont no how long you no when they are ready wont be long if his dog is 15months cupple more months wont do it any harm

Ive only had 2 first crossers, a dog and a bitch, both were killing (rabbits) before a year old..but its always good to hear sensible views of giving any dog plenty of time to develope, both physically and mentally, havent ever spoilt a dog through entering too early, but Ive seen others who did spoil their dogs, and they werent deerhound crosses.

Canny looking dogs by the way

mine got his first buny at 8 months old then gave him 2 months of then at 10 months just the od few runs at 11 month banging them fore fun

nice i like mine shorter tbh but thats only cause the ground i work is not the biggest and the dog needs to be able to turn on a penny if its to catch anything good for the bigger stuff is he ?

keep doing bunys it learn your dog to judge turns and whitch way the quory you are chasing is goin pluss its all good fun and gets your dog fit

nice i like mine shorter tbh but thats only cause the ground i work is not the biggest and the dog needs to be able to turn on a penny if its to catch anything good for the bigger stuff is he ?

keep doing bunys it learn your dog to judge turns and whitch way the quory you are chasing is goin pluss its all good fun and gets your dog fit

i agree with you mate i wouldnt run mine on anything bigger untill he has cut his teeth properly on bunnys

i agree with you mate i wouldnt run mine on anything bigger untill he has cut his teeth properly on bunnys

i have a dh x gh x collie x gh as well he is 14 months maturd in the body but not the head still like a baby just runing bunys with him learn his craft turning out to be a good buny dog this is him and my other pup

31082011249.jpg

09082011043_1.jpg

i have a dh x gh x collie x gh as well he is 14 months maturd in the body but not the head still like a baby just runing bunys with him learn his craft turning out to be a good buny dog this is him and my other pup

31082011249.jpg

09082011043_1.jpg

nice dogs as i said i like the scruffy look what work do they do isit just a bit of lamping and mooching about or do you use ferrets and terriers also

31082011249.jpg

09082011043_1.jpg

nice dogs as i said i like the scruffy look what work do they do isit just a bit of lamping and mooching about or do you use ferrets and terriers also

lampping mainly and od bit of bushing