starting a pack is there enough thounght going into it

Would Beagle X Harriers be better for small Forestry/Plantation Blocks,and how many would suffice ?

Is there any strains of Beagle that carry a Rough coat,like a Welsh Hound? :hmm:

breed a welsh hound to a foot beagle our else a patterdale to a foot its not the coat that makes them hunt it what they have under it :boogy: :boogy:

I know it's not the coat that makes 'em hunt :huh: ,it was just a Query. Patt to Beagle,outcome; Hard smooth coat I believe, not Rough ,Teckel prob better :thumbs:

Old Lorton,that used to run the Dalmally,Hillpack,for Fox,an infusion of Harrier would be needed as the Beagle in its' self didn't have enough Grit !!! ?

who,s Lorton

The old fella,that had hounds before Mark,sure thats' the name he went by,Bell,from the Lakes,not Maurice!used to come up an hunt with him,keeps Russels now and Rollers(birds)

a think your talking about lawton evans,it was the atholl and breadalbane hounds he ran he started them up in 1977 and he was old school,i new lawton for quite a few years ,first met him in glen isla in 1992 and we hit it off straight away,i had terriers at the time and thought it was tough work until i met him,then it was places like glen lyon what woke me up a different ball game,but back to lawton he was the best hound man ive ever met,god rest his sole,if you google atholl and breadalbane foxhounds,then click on working gordon setters lawton c evans you shall see how much a dog man he was atb wb

Thats the fella,Atholl Breadlbane/Dalmally are one and same pack now,based up Tulloch way,Still do Glen Lyon..And he was Old School ,but so is Mark I.M.O. :thumbs:

Wilbur,mine,Bring back memory ? only Zach still here!

post-64737-0-35202800-1321908758.jpg

We'll need to get out again. :tongue2:

look like jagd terriers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IM A SHOOTING PACK BOY'S THERE'S NO F-CKING HORSES WITH ME ,I STARTED AT THE BOTTOM AND I STILL CLASS MYSELF AT THE BOTTOM ,WHAT YOU BOY'S GOT TO REALISE IS MORE THAN TWO HOUNDS IS CLASSED AS A PACK,O

the thoughts of starting a pack seems to be on a lot of peoples minds at the minute eveyrone seems to be trying to get hold of working hounds with the thoughts of running foxes to ground but is there

plus all the hours & diesel driving round looking for missing hounds

Posted Images

Would Beagle X Harriers be better for small Forestry/Plantation Blocks,and how many would suffice ?

Is there any strains of Beagle that carry a Rough coat,like a Welsh Hound? :hmm:

breed a welsh hound to a foot beagle our else a patterdale to a foot its not the coat that makes them hunt it what they have under it :boogy: :boogy:

I know it's not the coat that makes 'em hunt :huh: ,it was just a Query. Patt to Beagle,outcome; Hard smooth coat I believe, not Rough ,Teckel prob better :thumbs:

Old Lorton,that used to run the Dalmally,Hillpack,for Fox,an infusion of Harrier would be needed as the Beagle in its' self didn't have enough Grit !!! ?

who,s Lorton

The old fella,that had hounds before Mark,sure thats' the name he went by,Bell,from the Lakes,not Maurice!used to come up an hunt with him,keeps Russels now and Rollers(birds)

a think your talking about lawton evans,it was the atholl and breadalbane hounds he ran he started them up in 1977 and he was old school,i new lawton for quite a few years ,first met him in glen isla in 1992 and we hit it off straight away,i had terriers at the time and thought it was tough work until i met him,then it was places like glen lyon what woke me up a different ball game,but back to lawton he was the best hound man ive ever met,god rest his sole,if you google atholl and breadalbane foxhounds,then click on working gordon setters lawton c evans you shall see how much a dog man he was atb wb

Thats the fella,Atholl Breadlbane/Dalmally are one and same pack now,based up Tulloch way,Still do Glen Lyon..And he was Old School ,but so is Mark I.M.O. :thumbs:

Wilbur,mine,Bring back memory ? only Zach still here!

post-64737-0-35202800-1321908758.jpg

We'll need to get out again. :tongue2:

look like jagd terriers

Same style,look of the Dogs that were sent over to Germany, Eugenics movement helped to get the Jagd started For Nationalists reasons in the 30s',page 180,Fell terrier dog on right Paisley I believe sent dogs over.

In 70's Lakeland was seen to not be adding to breed,so got Bred out,but ROOT STOCK was British,Black'n'Tan Dogs out of Litters of Fox Terrier !!!