UPDATE to Collie/Greyhound x Bull/Greyhound/Whippet pups for sale

is the sire the merle collie/grey in the pic???

an is the dam teh ruff coated dog in other pic??

the merle dog is obviously a collie/grey, hence the merle colouring.....

but how is the ruff coated bitch bred???

says at top its a bull/grey/whippet?????

if i have got it wrong please forgive me lol but how has that bull/grey/whip ruff coated??? :blink:

no the dam is the merle

if i have got it wrong please forgive me lol but how has that bull/grey/whip ruff coated??? :blink:

no the dam is the merle

so the dam is merle, that still makes her a collie x... hence the merle colour lol

an still makes the ruff coated sire a bull/grey/whip way a ruff coat :laugh:

no the dam is the merle

so the dam is merle, that still makes her a collie x... hence the merle colour lol

an still makes the ruff coated sire a bull/grey/whip way a ruff coat :laugh:

Doesn't matter now he sold all but one :thumbs:

the advert reades Dam Bull/Greyhound/Whippet x Collie/Greyhound so thats where the rough coat comes from personnaly i think there is a whole load of factors that goes into pricing a litter ... how good are the parents work wise temperament injury free etc time of year rearing pups ... did they need a heat lamp extra bedding etc ... then theres the feeding worming other vet bills ... how well are they reared have they been sociolised with other dogs noise kids cars the list is endless and if somebody has put all that time in then they deserve a decent price for the pups ... the next time my bitch tegan comes into season i will be breeding her as she is 6 and i need a pup out of her and i can tell you because of all the points above i will be asking more than this fellow for one of her pups ........

• Like 2

the advert reades Dam Bull/Greyhound/Whippet x Collie/Greyhound so thats where the rough coat comes from personnaly i think there is a whole load of factors that goes into pricing a litter ... how good are the parents work wise temperament injury free etc time of year rearing pups ... did they need a heat lamp extra bedding etc ... then theres the feeding worming other vet bills ... how well are they reared have they been sociolised with other dogs noise kids cars the list is endless and if somebody has put all that time in then they deserve a decent price for the pups ... the next time my bitch tegan comes into season i will be breeding her as she is 6 and i need a pup out of her and i can tell you because of all the points above i will be asking more than this fellow for one of her pups ........

:icon_redface: you are right :icon_redface:

an as far as the price a pups goes, i dont really care what folk charge, id not charge, but i have paid for pups, an i have paid a lot for a couple a pups

tho i knew they had had the very best of starts of life with no expense spared, so i didnae grumble about paying for them...

i have also bred a litter, an it cost me a small fortune, however i gifted the pups away, as the way i see it, if i couldnt afford to breed that litter to get myself a pup, i wouldnt have bred it, but if folk want to get there money back, so be it, just not my way a thinking, i get so much backoff my dogs, without selling there pups :thumbs:

• Like 1

all them poor fuckers away home wae a pup out of a bull/grey/whip sire, that obviously aint bull/grey/whip :icon_eek:

lets just hope the breeder uses the money wisely an gets himself an xbox an stays away fae the dogs, i doubt it tho :whistling:

Dotty, the dam is the red merle and her mother was a bull/grey/whippet and her father a collie/grey, hence her being a bull/grey/whippet x collie/grey. The sire to the litter is the rough coated grey/white dog which is a collie/greyhound. So I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

As for giving dogs away for free, great if you have enough friends/family who want one, on the other hand advertising pups at a higher price is the fastest way to sift out the time wasters and idiots from the genuine dog people. I wouldn't give my dog away to someone i'd only just met who said they wanted a pup. We are in no rush to sell the last boy and will keep him until we find as good a home as what the others have lined up.

all them poor fuckers away home wae a pup out of a bull/grey/whip sire, that obviously aint bull/grey/whip :icon_eek:

lets just hope the breeder uses the money wisely an gets himself an xbox an stays away fae the dogs, i doubt it tho :whistling:

Dotty, the dam is the red merle and her mother was a bull/grey/whippet and her father a collie/grey, hence her being a bull/grey/whippet x collie/grey. The sire to the litter is the rough coated grey/white dog which is a collie/greyhound. So I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

As for giving dogs away for free, great if you have enough friends/family who want one, on the other hand advertising pups at a higher price is the fastest way to sift out the time wasters and idiots from the genuine dog people. I wouldn't give my dog away to someone i'd only just met who said they wanted a pup. We are in no rush to sell the last boy and will keep him until we find as good a home as what the others have lined up.

Well said.

On another point, the dog left is probably the one I would have chosen if I was after a dog, think he looks great!!

Edited by omegathelast
  • 1 month later...

They look great. Not personally a fan of Bull blood in Lurchers but crossed they way you have I think theyd make brilliant allrounders. I also think the price is fine, ATB.

I completely agree with this!!! well said! and how can you say £225 is to much if your going to be working the dog for 6 + years! if i was in the position to i would have snapped one up!