Fantasy dog

When i was a kid living up north my friends dads prized racing greyhound was got at by a big black ugly rogue of a standard poodle. The greyhound went onto have a lovely litter of first cross poodle/greyhounds, those pups where the most inteligent dogs i have ever known and great workers.

Its a cross i would love to own again one day, but you dont see them around anymore

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fantasy dog 10 out of 10 hare dog pre ban that could win £1000 quid per match day in day out in the winter so i don't have to work on the building site day in day out for hand full of nowt . failing that a 3 out of 3 would do. :D

When i was a kid living up north my friends dads prized racing greyhound was got at by a big black ugly rogue of a standard poodle. The greyhound went onto have a lovely litter of first cross poodle/greyhounds, those pups where the most inteligent dogs i have ever known and great workers.

Its a cross i would love to own again one day, but you dont see them around anymore

i'm working on it :good: ! i'll keep you posted... just got to find the right greyhound bitch. and a new place to live, so i've got somewhere to keep her! got a cracking black standard poodle lined up, pedigree & k.c. registered, proven stud, intelligent, stacks of stamina, and handy on rabbits. belongs to the wife of a lurcher-mad friend of mine, been talking about breeding a litter of poodle x greys for ages, just means i've gotta do all the work, keeping the bitch & feeding the pups!

Ossie if you get around to the poodle/greyhound cross,give me a bell if theres one to spare,would like to try that type.I reckon that cross would be a ferreting mans dream.

no worries, i'll let you know. probably won't be til later this year, gotta sort a house first! no more dogs allowed here, and i'm getting turfed out at the end of may, and i've got nowhere to go yet :cry:

What coat do you think a PoodlexGrey litter would have? Broken or or ruff/wire?

i should think they'll be pretty hairy, but not wirey, as the poodles coat is really soft & fluffy. i reckon a good, thick rough coat. the only problem is that poodles don't shed, so the offspring might need clipping or stripping to keep the coat under control. we'll see!