Fantasy dog

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my first saluki x grey again. 29 1/2", big flopply lugs, do anything for ya. or my saluki/grey x beddy/whippet/grey. lost to lepto 15 years ago.

on the new dog front, i'm quite interested in getting a springer x greyhound. or at some point in the (fairly distant) future, crossing my saluki x grey with a whippet. if time & money were no object, i'd breed a bergamasco sheepdog/greyhound x greyhound. that would make one loyal, clever, reasonably speedy dog, with a really interesting coat on it!

:hmm:

I'm happy with my Saluki's but I'd like to get a couple of Aboriginal Afghan Hounds, Kazakh Tazi's or Taigan's, in the hope that they would be even more robust than the salukis and could stand the scottish winters better, although my latest saluki's are thick coated type so they are good with the cold.

:thumbs-up:

Maybe in the very far away future, i would like to have a borzoi x grey put to a 3/4 grey 1/4 border collie. Also a dogo argentino x greyhound and a catahoula leopard dog x greyhound.

But my ultimate fantasy isn't really a lurcher, well i suppose it would be, a great dane x greyhound, i love danes but they are tooo big and don't live very long, so stik a greyhound over it and those two faults would be corrected!

Edited by collie/grey
Standard Poodle X Greyhound, Just to see what it would be like, i recon it to be a handy dog :D

ya might be in luck with that one, a friend of mine keeps lurchers, we're always discussing crosses... and his wife has a black standard poodle... once i've got a more permanent home sorted, we're clubbing together to get a greyhound bitch, and breed a litter of poodle x greyhounds! speed, stamina, brains, and a damn fine coat with it!

Guest reload

Standard Poodle X Greyhound, Just to see what it would be like, i recon it to be a handy dog :D

ya might be in luck with that one, a friend of mine keeps lurchers, we're always discussing crosses... and his wife has a black standard poodle... once i've got a more permanent home sorted, we're clubbing together to get a greyhound bitch, and breed a litter of poodle x greyhounds! speed, stamina, brains, and a damn fine coat with it!

If it was the right type of sire and bitch, it could be quite interesting indeed. ;)