A dog is for life not....or am I old fashioned??

The internet is to blame for a lot of dogs being passed on or dumped, folk always wanting some kind of super dog like they hear about on the boards ( which is mostly bullshit), not everyone can have the best dog in the world, better than everyone elses. It just doesn't work like that.

That true it is their repository how they train their own dogs every dog as a fault some way or another did we have a post whats makes a good dog man not long ago for the ones that passed on a dog cuz it was no good never looked at the current breeding properly or themselves they not tools thery are loyal friend your companion ect that as put all them years of work for you so when it get old you get rid to me you not dogmen/woman so yes a dog is for life I keep mine no matter what faults they have the only time I let a dog go is if it as one of my kids

• Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All my dogs are with me, or my family, for life, whether they make the grade or not.

The thing with this is alot of people are always trying to impress others more than just enjoying their dogs and sport by themselves so they set these silly standards on how there dogs should be far t

In my expierience those who turn over many dogs throughout the year are not dogmen... they are 'collectors'... More driven by whats in a dog rather than what it does or can do. Yes, they'll get out a

IN MY EYES .

IF YOU TRY YOUR BEST AND IT ALL FAILS AND THE DOG DOESNT DO WHAT WHAT YOU WANT IT TOO /GET RID.

LIFES TO SHORT TO PISS ABOUT WITH NO HOPERS.

IF ITS NOT PUSHING YOUR BUTTON BY THE AGE OF 20MTHS /REHOME/IT .ASAP.AND START AGAIN.

ALWAYS PLENTY PUPS THAT NEED 5 STAR ACCOMODATION /TRAINING/

• Like 1

I have an eight year old kelpie bitch who doesn't like my three year old son. There's never been any outright aggression but she avoids him at all costs. I tried to rehome her but, understandably, nobody wants an old kelpie who doesn't like other people or dogs. As a result, she's currently still with me while I wait for the right person to come along and she doesn't have any contact with my son.

If I rehome her then some will say, "a dog's for life..." but if I keep her and something accidently happens then the same people will say, "should've got rid."

Sometimes you loose and sometimes you don't win.

I hasten to add that this isn't a free advert as a friend from kelpie rescue is already helping me out.

I have an eight year old kelpie bitch who doesn't like my three year old son. There's never been any outright aggression but she avoids him at all costs. I tried to rehome her but, understandably, nobody wants an old kelpie who doesn't like other people or dogs. As a result, she's currently still with me while I wait for the right person to come along and she doesn't have any contact with my son.

If I rehome her then some will say, "a dog's for life..." but if I keep her and something accidently happens then the same people will say, "should've got rid."

I hasten to add that this isn't a free advert as a friend from kelpie rescue is already helping me out.

That is a very understandable reason to not keep a dog. Good luck finding a good home for the dog.

IN MY EYES .

IF YOU TRY YOUR BEST AND IT ALL FAILS AND THE DOG DOESNT DO WHAT WHAT YOU WANT IT TOO /GET RID.

LIFES TO SHORT TO PISS ABOUT WITH NO HOPERS.

IF ITS NOT PUSHING YOUR BUTTON BY THE AGE OF 20MTHS /REHOME/IT .ASAP.AND START AGAIN.

ALWAYS PLENTY PUPS THAT NEED 5 STAR ACCOMODATION /TRAINING/

Though thats the point 3T, 'if your re-homing, then 'your' responsible!' And if you've got anything about you, then you seek a home that will stand that dog in good stead for the rest of its life... If not, the do the 'decent thing', because, for the rest of its life.... I couldn't have that on my concience..! :no:

I know what your saying Neal but if the dog were mine i'd pts, the dog has an underlying problem and you may control it but whos to say the next owner will be so vigilant...........

I know what your saying Neal but if the dog were mine i'd pts, the dog has an underlying problem and you may control it but whos to say the next owner will be so vigilant...........

+1

+1

That's a very good point and one I'll definitely take into consideration. Thanks.