hushpower for foxes

The only hushpower carts in 20 bore are 30 grm 5's and they travel at 1050 fps, your average non subsonic cart travels at 1350/1450 fps.

To get bb's they wouldn't be subsonic loads thus rendering the silencer useless.

I have the hushpower 20 and defo wouldn't use it on fox unless dispatching at very close range.

Have a hushpower 12g, would not use it on foxes at any range. Better with a rifle or a normal shotgun.

why would you consider a normal shotgun to be better then the hushpower for foxes or are you meaning huspower with subs.. genuine question

I have a hushpower 12g.........shot a fair few rabbits, pigeons squirrels and a fox with mine..........i use the subsonic cartridges for normal shooting but always carry a few heavy cartridges in case a fox or anything else crosses my path then a quick change and use the gun you are carrying.......obviously not as quiet as shooting rabbits with the subsonic's but the fox was just as dead.....that was 42gm of Hull BB ................

But if you are only shooting foxes you will need to mainly be using heavy loads that are not subsonic and so you would be better with a normal and cheaper shotgun.......if however you want a hushpower for normal rough shooting and occasional foxes then i would say yes.....but if you are and out and out foxing man then you can get a far cheaper gun that will do just as well and as you will not be firing lots of shots then the normal noise wont deafen you as quickly as me roughshooting rabbits etc...

they are urban foxes 5 to 600 yards from houses thats why i need a moderator

that makes sense but the suitable cartridges are not subsonic so will nulify the silencing effect and will be nearly as loud as when shot out of a normal gun

a normal shotgun is no good i have a 20g & a 12g they are urban foxes 5 to 600 yards from houses thats why i need a moderator shotgun

I think everyone understands why you want the moderated shotgun but even so, you cannot buy suitable fox loads for that distance in subsonic.

If you fire an ordinary shotgun cartridge from a moderated shotgun, the only difference it will make is less felt recoil. The noise will still be very loud.

A moderator will not stop the noise and crack of a sonic shell, it is physically impossible.

I would save your money and take the time to apply for a variation your FAC (presuming you have one from the above comments) for a .22LR with a moderator which will happily deal with foxes at that distance with the correct shot placement.

or you could try loading some cartridges, subsonic powder and BB's.................

To be honest using normal cartridges in my hushpower does quieten them slightly .......but they are still loud.....where as the subsonic cartridges that i use for rabbits and pigeons and it is practically silent

If you know anyone who home loads, ask if they could assist loading some subsonic cartridges with BB shot