How Small is Too Small?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you were to have a fight with someone with the lights off ...it wouldnt take you long to figure out how big he was

the physical size of the animal. if there rock hard and dont have the body mass they dont last long. depends on the quarry being worked to.

That little black dog i had was 8year old when he was robbed,as i said he never sounded and accounted for a lot of quarry,couple of here seen the dog work,both sides of the pool and any stuff that was

Posted Images

I have spent many an hour outside a big EARTH waiting for a small Terrier to bottle up Foxes. They can get stuck in, but it only takes a second for the Fox to squeeze past and would rather run than stand and fight. Knowing what to put in where is all the battle! In 'Hunt service' I have often needed a tiny Terrier and to come out when called, something I wouldn't entertain 'Sunday digging'. Too small, for me, is when the Terrier can't do the job it's put in to do........although, my ideal choice would be a 'doggy' bitch and a strong dog, but I don't and wouldn't go into 'Hunt service' again.

If it's pitch black dark in the tunnel, how the hell is the quarry going to know the size of the dog? Can you tell what a person looks like on the other end of the phone? If a dog that is 10" thinks that it is 14", what does he care if the quarry gives him attitude. He'll just give it right back. I think it's more in the dog's attitude than the size. Where I hunt you need smaller dogs or else they don't fit, period. If they don't fit then you have to go barn hunting. This is just from my perspective of where I hunt. I don't have earths that a 30lb. creature can scurry down.

If it's pitch black dark in the tunnel, how the hell is the quarry going to know the size of the dog? Can you tell what a person looks like on the other end of the phone? If a dog that is 10" thinks that it is 14", what does he care if the quarry gives him attitude. He'll just give it right back. I think it's more in the dog's attitude than the size. Where I hunt you need smaller dogs or else they don't fit, period. If they don't fit then you have to go barn hunting. This is just from my perspective of where I hunt. I don't have earths that a 30lb. creature can scurry down.

If you were to have a fight with someone with the lights off ...it wouldnt take you long to figure out how big he was

• Like 5

"I got a small one!" although maybe a great foxing size for a lot of folk. But too small to be a 100% digging dog, saying that I have had some good digs to her, but theres been a few times when she hasnt been able to keep them in the pot. I had a little trip a couple of weeks back where the area is known for smaller quarry, I thought I had tailed a cub, but it was a full grown adult female! & there was no weight to her. The guy who invited me down has a half sister (pup) of the bitch we dug to that day so he is hoping his pup makes a similar size, im hoping my bitch pup makes twice the size or twice the weight!

Very true, if you are standing toe to toe. If you duck and weave while jabbing and poking. Then you come in every so often with a stinger, your opponent might not be so eager to try and walk over you. I'm just saying a bit of tactic and attitude can go a long way.

"I got a small one!" although maybe a great foxing size for a lot of folk. But too small to be a 100% digging dog, saying that I have had some good digs to her, but theres been a few times when she hasnt been able to keep them in the pot. I had a little trip a couple of weeks back where the area is known for smaller quarry, I thought I had tailed a cub, but it was a full grown adult female! & there was no weight to her. The guy who invited me down has a half sister (pup) of the bitch we dug to that day so he is hoping his pup makes a similar size, im hoping my bitch pup makes twice the size or twice the weight!

told you before send her north.lol.we have only small game here :angel::laugh: