help please i got cronic floor eaters

Now now Rob the good members of THL will be able to see quite clearly who it was that started this thread deveation...................... :yes::tongue2:

FFS....I've already been cast off one list this week, any more and I'll have to go out and get myself a bull X :laugh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

make the dog eat the rest of it he will be sick of it so he wont do it again

Now now Rob the good members of THL will be able to see quite clearly who it was that started this thread deveation...................... :yes::tongue2:

FFS....I've already been cast off one list this week, any more and I'll have to go out and get myself a bull X :laugh:

I thought when you were on that one you were on that one for life.............. :whistling: Theres hope for Tb and Judge yet then.......... :D

I thought when you were on that one you were on that one for life.............. :whistling: Theres hope for Tb and Judge yet then.......... :D

maybe for judge....TB is fecked though!

come home today after being out for a measly 45mins to find my dogs had ripped the cusion floor up in the kitchen. little buggers just cost me about £200. i was wondering which of you members had experienced this before. and how you overcome it. the woods and a shovel out of the question :) i love my dogs too much.

they have plently of toys to go at, but instead they like shoes. floors. wood you name it.

your help is much appreciated thanks lads. kyle.

the mutts are just expression their drive energy, some dogs if repressed by their owner in the house, see the owner leaving as a chance to express it with the negative oppression of the owner out of the way,

the drive is expressed as with any mutt orally,, the way i see it is, if you get the bite out ,you wont have the problem,,

tug items and all that sort of thing work,,,

think of a dog as having a valve that needs to be opened and released, thats what happens with its drive energy,it builds up and up and if you dont release it it bubbles over or explodes,,which is the main reason the feckers hunt in the first place,,

exercise is great for tiring out a dog,,but to really vent his energy ,he needs to bite and pull , think about the end of a hunt when the canine gets to sink his teeth into something,

he cant just keep hunting ,which is what exercise is ,,he needs the final bit toò,,the biting and tearing,,tug items are perfect,,

You should video tape when you go out and see what they get up too, it will give yo an even bigger laugh. Mine opens all the doors, closes a few and opens the bin to see what's left then cry every 15 minutes on the dot. He's 3 :cray: good thing I never go away too long and can't stand my neighbours. :laugh:

If you're going to keep them in the house, crate train them. Have some patience with it, they won't take to it straight away. Even if you're going to kennel them, they can do some serious damage to a kennel if they're bored.

You need to make sure they're exercised well before you go out, and that they've got something to keep the boredom at bay. Big raw bones from the butchers are usually good but not if the dogs are together, as they could fight over them and you'll come home to a worse mess than ripped up flooring. Another good thing to keep them busy is one of these:

http://www.myvetmeds.co.uk/dog/toys-treats-dog/kong-toys-treats/kong-toy-king-extreme-black-xtra-large.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base

Get a few of them. Stuff them with a mixture of natural yoghurt, soaked biscuit, tuna .. that sort of thing. Then freeze them. Give that to them before you go and it should occupy them for ages.

10 months is 'that' age, it'll pass if you work with them on it. Good luck.