• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all photos taken by david boyd, he ask me to put them up for him as his computer isnt working at the moment hope u's like them. good job davy

Fairplay to Strong Stuff for sending over a smashing collar for the winner of the strong dog show

Well lads a good show ran by lads learning there trade Big plus seeing J K handling the lurchers 50 plus years with them On the other side a novice with the terriers but still done a good job

Traveled down from Belfast and paid 2 euro at first gate and 5 euro at second gate per head. Entered dogs in the racing which was cancelled because the lure broke. I know the money was for charity but there's nothing worse than feeling ripped off. Expensive day out

• Like 1

While the lads that ran this show are to be commended for putting it on and raising money for a good cause I think we need to be a bit more honest in our posts. I've been to most of the shows in the country this year and to say this was the best in the country when you see what the other smaller shows have put on this year is a real streach to say the least.I drove 300 miles round trip to get to the show with the wife and 5 kids, got stung for €14 at the gate,another €10 to get into the show, the racing was a joke and not just because the lure broke, the terrier judge was calling the winners in by their first names (he could at least pertend he didn't know them).I'm not trying to knock anyone I just think we need to get real.

i just rang the terrier judge and asked him was he doing what you say he was doing and he said he called in two people by there names and he didnt no anyone else, this judge has been going to shows for years and knows alot of people by there names and alot of people know his name, is it a bad thing to no someones name or do we all have to pretend we dont no each other..

Ok so I went of on a bit of a rant this morning,but went you have people making sweeping statements about it been the best show this year,when clearly it wasn't I kinda went into one. I'm not knocking anyone so let's leave it at that.

Agree with you 100%, it was a great show, but by far not the best this year, the show can only get stronger by the year, and I for one will give greater support for next years show and Graham hit the nail on the head when he said it could be one of the best shows in years to come, spot on Graham.

While the lads that ran this show are to be commended for putting it on and raising money for a good cause I think we need to be a bit more honest in our posts. I've been to most of the shows in the country this year and to say this was the best in the country when you see what the other smaller shows have put on this year is a real streach to say the least.I drove 300 miles round trip to get to the show with the wife and 5 kids, got stung for €14 at the gate,another €10 to get into the show, the racing was a joke and not just because the lure broke, the terrier judge was calling the winners in by their first names (he could at least pertend he didn't know them).I'm not trying to knock anyone I just think we need to get real.

well pal 24 euro for yourself the wife and 5 kids is a cheep day out.look can every 1 that had a bad comment shut up at the end of the day the money was for a good cause not only that its for a childrens hospital we all have children it was a grate day.And talking about the judges nowing first names maybe cause they see them grate people year in and year out supporting these shows like to say thanks for every 1 who ran the show cant wait for next year and bring the hole family.

Traveled down from Belfast and paid 2 euro at first gate and 5 euro at second gate per head. Entered dogs in the racing which was cancelled because the lure broke. I know the money was for charity but there's nothing worse than feeling ripped off. Expensive day out

expensive day out 7 euro really broke the bank its to raise money

Had a great day at the show yesterday ,it was well worth the 2 hour drive down & the kids loved the play area beside the show ,i think it's a great

venue for a dog show & have to agree that this show will grow each year..Well done lad's as everyone knows it's not easy getting a show up & running

it was good to see it well supported.

me and my family travelled down from the north to race are dogs and to support ur worthly cause, it wasnt a bad day but could of been better, there should of been a back up lure, the teddy was far to heavy and once it got wet it got heaveir, it was disapointing for us, as thats what we came for to race dogs. :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

me and my family travelled down from the north to race are dogs and to support ur worthly cause, it wasnt a bad day but could of been better, there should of been a back up lure, the teddy was far to heavy and once it got wet it got heaveir, it was disapointing for us, as thats what we came for to race dogs. :thumbs: :thumbs:

It was an aufull pity the lure broke but if that did'nt happen and a few more terriers turned up it would of made the day a complete success but saying that 1800 euro for temple street it was a success

• Like 1

it wasnt 7 euro there was me my wife and 3 kids and was charged full price for the kids plus the 40 euro petrol plus the 6 euro to enter the 3 dogs who didnt get to race ,dont mind giving to charity but maybe a bit more thought should go into it next year as im sure you want people to come back year after year not scare them away.sorry if it sounds like im tight but was really looking forward to seeing the dogs run . will definitely give it a go next year to show my support.

• Like 1

it wasnt 7 euro there was me my wife and 3 kids and was charged full price for the kids plus the 40 euro petrol plus the 6 euro to enter the 3 dogs who didnt get to race ,dont mind giving to charity but maybe a bit more thought should go into it next year as im sure you want people to come back year after year not scare them away.sorry if it sounds like im tight but was really looking forward to seeing the dogs run . will definitely give it a go next year to show my support.

Fairplay to ye mate for willing to show your support again but the lads are pissed off about what happened when Paddy gets a chance to come on here he will let you know what way he feels about it

• Like 1

well pal 24 euro for yourself the wife and 5 kids is a cheep day out.look can every 1 that had a bad comment shut up at the end of the day the money was for a good cause not only that its for a childrens hospital we all have children it was a grate day.And talking about the judges nowing first names maybe cause they see them grate people year in and year out supporting these shows like to say thanks for every 1 who ran the show cant wait for next year and bring the hole family.

Well Darren,I said I wouldn't comment again but the day wasn't as cheap as you make out add to the €24 another €50 for petrol and the cost of our grub and you're up well over €100.That's one hell of alot of money for me,I have no issue with supporting temple street and I will attend this show again next year to support this very worthy cause and because the lads will build on and improve the show.I've already admitted I went on a bit of a rant but if you can't point out the way things really were on the day how are the standards going to be improved for next year.Now I'm going to leave it at that for good this time.