The Bassett..?

It wasn't the East Lincs Harehounds was it? Seen them a couple of times over the years and they hunted like feck with an amazing voice to them, could stick to a line like glue and were suprisingly quick for their size and build..................apparently evil buggers in kennels and had the scars to prove it

It wasn't the East Lincs Harehounds was it? Seen them a couple of times over the years and they hunted like feck with an amazing voice to them, could stick to a line like glue and were suprisingly quick for their size and build..................apparently evil buggers in kennels and had the scars to prove it

i cant remeber who it was....but they were definatly bassetts as the parade was to show all different types of hounds ...i rember cos it was first time id ever seen workin ones. As for eveil we puppy walked two beagles once ..litter brothers when they fought u had to prize them apart they drew blood...

hi

i keep and work bassets to fox, bloody good fun they are, hell of a nose on them but give them an inch they will take a yard. i wouldn't change them for anything but im fortunate to have alot of ground where boundaries aren't too much of a problem. mine are the working strain not the show type, got originally in the hope that fences and walls etc would stop them or at least slow them down so as not to make me too un popular with neighbouring farmers/ landowners. dont get bassets on the strength of a wall or fence stopping them! joking aside they work there socks off and live for it. i have found the dogs have alot more drive than the bitches but thats not to say its like that for everyone. i cant comment on crossing them in but there should be plenty on thl to look at as chipper did cross them and posted things on thl in the past. iv put my best dog over a good foxhound bitch as an experiment, not because i want to change what iv got but working bassets are few and far between, nice pups but only 10 weeks old so its going to take a while to find them out, fingers crossed.

corky john mentioned knowing of a small pack owned by an ex terrier man, it may be my pack you refered too, my father passed away coming up 3 yrs ago so possibly us. if its us, for your interest were going stronger than ever.

cheers zippo.

good fun is an understatement,i am lucky enough to have seen these dogs work and let me tell you these bassets work fox in some heavy cover and they miss nothing,walls and fences stopping them,they just go through them lol.