ONE DOG ONLY .......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well if you cant keep a lurcher and a terrier a pug would do nicely for punching in the face

collie/grey, i think they are the most versatile lurcher you can have and i like to try and do a bit of everything, JMO

all depends ware you running for local small land bull greyhound / saluki whippet greyhound for me .

Something about 24" tts, 55lb. Good rabbit dog that hits cover as fast as the rabbit, runs the beam and retrieves with vigour. Strikes like a viper and just has that inheritted knack for picking up game, some call it prey sense. Favours fox over all other quarry and has that edge to it as a single handed fox dog. The sort of dog that would leap into a river to get to a fox on the other side. Sensible and biddable in temperament that is handy to have out while doing the rounds on the shoot or mooching with the shotgun, retrieving fur and feather. Good marker and runs with the sort of commitment lacking in some dogs.

Im not sure of the breeding, probably terrier blooded but I can imagine a well bred hardy collie type would also fit the bill (not too much collie mind! lol). TBH I couldnt give a shite about the mix, as long as it fitted the above description I would be happy.

WELL being as the question is being asked on the lurcher section,,,, i would imagin most lads would say a lurcher,,, allthough its not actualy a breed

"WELL" thankyou for pointing that out for me tomo ,

happy to help

You working at Asda now TOMO? :laugh: