driving horses

hi marky r good to hear your veiws i've had a few road races more with friends but like to watch like you i've driven cobs ,pacers of all sizes just like driving horses out most days with mine,have you sold your colourd cob yet

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 cob mares that i drive and a welshie have had trotting horses in past and pacers been to king of the road a few times but like driving me cobs now, there not ploddy cobs quite the opposite but there big unlike some of the small gorwn things there now breeding both mine 15.2/3hh nice to see other people having an interest in driving.

Just got a few questions therl probably so daft to you horse lads but I don't know any thing about horses but Iv seen a trotting race on the internet and I read above that they use cobs but the only cobs iv ever seen have been big cart horses and the ones in the video looked completely different so are there different types of cobs and if there are which kind is it they use in the trotting race and what is the different between a pacing horse and trotting horse and do they race against each over or are they in different class

Just got a few questions therl probably so daft to you horse lads but I don't know any thing about horses but Iv seen a trotting race on the internet and I read above that they use cobs but the only cobs iv ever seen have been big cart horses and the ones in the video looked completely different so are there different types of cobs and if there are which kind is it they use in the trotting race and what is the different between a pacing horse and trotting horse and do they race against each over or are they in different class

i don't no why they call them cobs it's just a saying realy, cause there standardbreds with a bit of cob in them, a pacer will move both legs on the same side at the same time and a trotter don't, they race each other here but there mainly pacers now

• Like 1

the horses are bred to coloured cobs so they hold the coloure gene and the lads that are racing them on the road call them cobs or road horses but ther just really fine bred trotters or pacers that aint full bred standerdbreds but most ov them now are realy close to being full bred and a few are full bred now