ferret fell asleep during ferretin

'rob190364' timestamp='1312105209' post='2173094']

'max abell' timestamp='1312101486' post='2173046']

As already said mate he was knackered as regards it being to old 3 yr old is no age we have 6yr olds that work all day the difference is when they do the massive burys there is up to 10 of them working it 1 ferret is no where near enough to ferret something that size its horses for courses

glad he recovered ok

Wow! 10 ferrets working at once....surely no warren is big enough to need 10 ferrets? how many of you are there to keep on top of that?

I could be wrong but I'd have thought that number of ferrets in one warren would be blocking off escape routes and virtually guaranteeing kills underground?

Your needing to try some ferreting outside wales mate :laugh:

As already said mate he was knackered as regards it being to old 3 yr old is no age we have 6yr olds that work all day the difference is when they do the massive burys there is up to 10 of them working it 1 ferret is no where near enough to ferret something that size its horses for courses

glad he recovered ok

Wow! 10 ferrets working at once....surely no warren is big enough to need 10 ferrets? how many of you are there to keep on top of that?

I could be wrong but I'd have thought that number of ferrets in one warren would be blocking off escape routes and virtually guaranteeing kills underground?

10 ferrets in the massive burys we do on the south downs is nothing mate we have used up to 12 some of these burys are 5 or 6 hundred holes and the rabbits still hole hop untill you pressure them to leave and with just a couple of ferrets the rabbits would run them round all week

we surround the burys with long nets put loads of purse nets down and sometimes even put a square trammel net across the middle of the bury anyone that

ferrets big burys of this size will know what i mean by 10 ferrets can get lost in them there is normaly 4 or 5 of us that do them we dont get any more kills than

anyone else you say you did massive burries what do you class as massive burys mate? obviously we prefere the small stuff but we have to ferret them all

to keep our landowners happy

glad he recovered ok

using 10 or more ferrets at one go is common on a massive warren .... i have a warren i work every year that has over a 150 holes and needs 10 ferrets working to get the rabbits moving

• 4 weeks later...

just having a look at cheapest places to buy from, have found www.lamping.co.uk to be cheapest at 135quid for locator with one collar, anyone bought anything from them? Would like a bit of feed back before parting with hard earned cash, or any other places anyone can recomend to me.

I dont buy mutch online and am always a little suspicious of any transactions i am not physically present at, if you know what i mean.

Any help appreciated :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

you dont need a ferret finder if your ferrets are good workers or like you they will come back ouy but if they dont come out jus block the holes up and go back a few days later but if it still doesend come out or has escaped from warren jus go get another 2 they only cost about a 5a for a pair or people will probz give yousum kits for nothing

Good job he dident fall asleep to ground then ay mate :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

aye have used him since kit and he has never fell asleep down a set or stade down there after killing a rabbit soon as aye call his name he run to the nearist exit all exited

just having a look at cheapest places to buy from, have found www.lamping.co.uk to be cheapest at 135quid for locator with one collar, anyone bought anything from them? Would like a bit of feed back before parting with hard earned cash, or any other places anyone can recomend to me.

I dont buy mutch online and am always a little suspicious of any transactions i am not physically present at, if you know what i mean.

.atb. .ste.

you dont need a ferret finder if your ferrets are good workers or like you they will come back ouy but if they dont come out jus block the holes up and go back a few days later but if it still doesend come out or has escaped from warren jus go get another 2 they only cost about a 5a for a pair or people will probz give yousum kits for nothing

.atb. .ste.

aye have used him since kit and he has never fell asleep down a set or stade down there after killing a rabbit soon as aye call his name he run to the nearist exit all exited

He doesn't sit on the couch and watch cartoons with you does he? :laugh:Sorry had to ask ;)

• Like 1

.atb. .ste.

.atb. .ste.

He doesn't sit on the couch and watch cartoons with you does he? :laugh:Sorry had to ask ;)

I used to go ferreting for a bit with a lad who had a hob called sam, who would kill in a fair bit, he used to crouch down by the hole and shout 'sam ya b*****d come on out' and he'd appear everytime.