Rushed into hospital Saturday!

Hi,I was rushed into hospital Saturday after swallowing a bone and tearing up my oesophogus....very frightening as it caused a hell of a lot of trauma and bleeding,and started to close over making it hard to breathe.They operated straight away,but they couldn't find the bone,they think that it has passed into the stomach,although they did say it might be stuck in one of the folds/flaps of skin (which are unusual to have apparently).They didn't want to poke about too much in case they started it bleeding again.But,I'm out of hospital now and got to take it easy,yoghurts and ice-cream to eat for a while.

Always summat int it!As I often say ...if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any,so musn't complain!

Everybody better start posting with a vengeance now to keep me occupied.... :sick:

i know how you feel mate, i got pluricy a few months back, wich brought on astma and i got out of hospital on the same day i had a funeral to attand got hit by car......i could go on ! but wont bore you with the details !

get well soon mate ;)

Hi,I was rushed into hospital Saturday after swallowing a bone and tearing up my oesophogus....very frightening as it caused a hell of a lot of trauma and bleeding,and started to close over making it hard to breathe.They operated straight away,but they couldn't find the bone,they think that it has passed into the stomach,although they did say it might be stuck in one of the folds/flaps of skin (which are unusual to have apparently).They didn't want to poke about too much in case they started it bleeding again.But,I'm out of hospital now and got to take it easy,yoghurts and ice-cream to eat for a while.

Always summat int it!As I often say ...if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any,so musn't complain!

Everybody better start posting with a vengeance now to keep me occupied.... :sick:

Glad to hear your ok Martin,i knew that feckin barf diet was nowt but trouble,lol, ;) all the best,Bill

you are very lucky Martin, i know of a lad that had the same thing happen with a chicken bone, he died after two days in hospital, so stop f**kin moaning, :tongue2: just kidding, but seriously the lad did die. :(