Saluki x grey X collie x grey

I am interested in getting a pup of this breeding, now i know everyone norm puts this post on and then follows by asking to see pics. well im just after a contact or several of anyone looking to breed this X in the future. i am not looking til getting a pup until around this time next year. now i know that is a long time away but im wanting to find some good conacts and info out on this a know the lines of the breeding and the working lines, instead of just getting first one i see.

so if anyone is looking to breed off any of there dogs and bitches in the future, and are from some real grafters then i will be interest.

dont want anything thats going to be out of young dogs or only done a season or two.

putting the time in to hopefully find myself a good pup out of some decent stock.

regards

james

Iv got a border collie x grey cross beardy x grey who is doing the business and iv got a saluki grey whippet x whippet bitch. Iv not decided to breed yet as the bitch is only young and i want to see her prove herself before i do. She is slightly bigger than a whippet in size, fast as f**k and as agile as a cat so shes got the ingredients. If she turns out to be pleasing me by her 2nd season (yes i know thats young btw but if she is good then she is good) i will be putting my collie grey over her as i will be wanting a pup out of them. Its at least a year till i do that though but its an option for you.

dogmagic, first of all thank you for replying to my post. i will keep that as an option as im open minded on the cross, give or take.. does not have to be straight cross collie grey saluki grey. but want something along those lines. like to hear that you would wnt to keep a pup back too, always gives me bit more confidence in the breeding. where abouts are you? can pm if wish.

No worries mate. The bitchs dam is a fred holmes bred bitch saluki grey whippet and her sire is a pure whippet out of strike while the irons hot/ sooty sam stuff. There is a lot of whippet in there so she aint very big, about 22inches i think and very lightly built. She has shown herself bloody good so far, caught some hard rabbits, prey drive is amazing! As i say she is bloody fast and agile too. Where i take my lot for a walk there is a fallen tree and she likes to run at it full pelt and theres me expecting her to jump over it and carry on into the distance but no, without slowing down she lands on top of it, turns right, runs along it then jumps off going between 2 bits of coppiced hazel, hits the deck still running and goes for anothere circuit! Lol! She has found game that even my beagle x has missed too so her nose is good. :)

The collie x grey is 25 inches and a nice strong dog, does everything i ask of him. Filled my belly a few times when i was brassic too. :thumbs:

I wouldnt breed if i didnt want a pup mate, no point. I will be taking the bitch out lamping a lot this coming season, im sure she will do well. So far she has done well daytime and ferreting. Just need to try her on other gear and see how she developes as she gets older. The way im looking at it is if the pup has her stamina and agility, the collie xs brain and the speed and prey drive of both of them it will be a hell of a thing!