hunting books

Does anyone know of any good hound books that talk about breeding and scent and so on? I have a right few terrier books but haven't seen many hound ones.

the book of the foxhound by daphne moore if you can get one try googling it. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading a good one at the moment. "Horn and Hound" written in the 20s and plenty on hounds.

But my favourites ,although there's not much on hound breeding, are "Reflections upon a chain" and "A chain of bubbles". Two gems.

For up to date breeding why not subscribe to "Hounds" magazine. Well worth a few bob.

I'm reading a good one at the moment. "Horn and Hound" written in the 20s and plenty on hounds.

But my favourites ,although there's not much on hound breeding, are "Reflections upon a chain" and "A chain of bubbles". Two gems.

For up to date breeding why not subscribe to "Hounds" magazine. Well worth a few bob.

READ AND READ BOTH WORTH EVERY PENNY OH FOR A TIME MASHINE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

started reading del camerons-call of the hounds two days ago and is half way through it.

excellent book about cat and bear hunting with bluetick hounds in northwest usa(mountain lion, bobcats, canada lynx, black bears and even wolverine)

makes me wish we had more game that would tree!

looking forward to 1. of february and the opening of the lynxseason, 13 cats can be taken in the area i´m going to hunt :thumbs: