how do you cook steak?

Fry in a hot pan for 2 to 3 mins each side, DO NOT keep turning it over, just 2 or 3 mins, depending on how well done you want it, turn it over and the same on the other side, then cover & put in a warm oven whilst you quickly make a sauce in the same pan, then serve :thumbs:

dont eat steak,id rather chop it up put it in the slow cooker and stew it with some veg.

is this through choice or do you have false teeth? :tongue2:

choice mate lol i dont like it.have tried diffrent ones,but its tasteless imo like i said a good casserole with dumplings or a nice steak pie

dont eat steak,id rather chop it up put it in the slow cooker and stew it with some veg.

You f*****g heathen!

:blink:

Its a joke scothunter. To chop up a steak and stew it should be a crime!

yea mate i know you were having a laugh :thumbs:

Fry in a hot pan for 2 to 3 mins each side, DO NOT keep turning it over, just 2 or 3 mins, depending on how well done you want it, turn it over and the same on the other side, then cover & put in a warm oven whilst you quickly make a sauce in the same pan, then serve :thumbs:

This is how to make a balls of it :tongue2:

make shure it's room temperature (not straight out of the frige) season with salt and pepper. Rub oil on the steak then put it in a very hot pan cook it for 60 seconds each side don't move it around the pan. Take it out and let it rest for a few minuts then eat.

i chuck it in a pan -- add onions pepper mushroom -- slice n fry some new potatos -- wash it down with a cold beer --- quick n easy do it on the camping cooker when were night fishing :thumbs: sometimes get the odd moth in it as well...

This is how to make a balls of it :tongue2:

works for me every time, 2 mins each side, nice medium rare steak, and Im very particular about how my steaks are cooked :thumbs: hate them overdone..

If you put the thumb print against your index finger print and prod the base of your thumb, (the fleshy part) this is a similar resistance to a rarish steak.

If you put the thumb print part of your thumb against the finger print part of your little finger this is a similar resistance to prodding a well done (tough) steak.

Middle finger and thumb is about medium.

Get your steaks out of the fridge half hour before you cook them.

Like Gem said, its all about the quality of the meat. Dry aged steak is the best, although this process makes the meat lose weight (water) so it will be more expensive. Has anyone tried Wagyu or Kobe beef? It is supposed to be the ultimate when it comes to beef steak.

You want either fillet or sirloin for steak , hung 3 weeks and with a good amount of marbling running through the middle .

Take steak out 30 minutes before frying , place in proper steak pan , fry 2 minutes each side turning only once rest on warm plate !

Enjoy :thumbs: