how do you cook steak?

its about the only thing most men can cook and im not happy that despite the fact i cook and eat it about twice a day its still shit compared to one you'd get at a restaurant,whats their secret and how do you cook yours?

get a good quality t bone steak from a good butcher.

a few whacks with a tenderiser, plenty of pepper (no salt at this point)

and onto a red hot pan with a dash of rapeseed oil

turn it over, serve onto warm plate, season with good pinch of salt. and serve with sauce of choice and a few homemade onion rings

(i prefer my steak very rare)

Edited by CarraghsGem

its about the only thing most men can cook and im not happy that despite the fact i cook and eat it about twice a day its still shit compared to one you'd get at a restaurant,whats their secret and how do you cook yours?

Basically.........take a cow, wipe its arse and walk it passed the radiator........ :D

Get your pan really hot.....oil the beef not the pan, season with a nice bit of salt and pepper and flash fry. Depending on the size of the steak will determine on how long you cook it but dont overdo it. Then take it out the pan and let it rest the same lengh of time you cooked it. This will give a bit time to knock up a wee sauce or gravy............ :thumbs:

turn it over, serve onto warm plate, season with good pinch of salt. and serve with sauce of choice and a few homemade onion rings

except that i use olive oil thats exactly how i do it,maybe its just the quality of meat.

except that i use olive oil thats exactly how i do it,maybe its just the quality of meat.

olive oils fine, with steak you get what you pay for, buy from your butcher, havent found a good steak yet in a supermarket

Basically.........take a cow, wipe its arse and walk it passed the radiator........ :D

Get your pan really hot.....oil the beef not the pan, season with a nice bit of salt and pepper and flash fry. Depending on the size of the steak will determine on how long you cook it but dont overdo it. Then take it out the pan and let it rest the same lengh of time you cooked it. This will give a bit time to knock up a wee sauce or gravy............ :thumbs:

oiling the beef instead of the pan sounds like the sort of sneaky thing that would make a big difference.

it will be tried :thumbs:

Best way to cook a steak is to put it in a dish and cover it in soy sauce overnight in the fridge.

Then get the grill really hot and grill for literally a minute on each side.

You don't taste the soy sauce at all it just makes the steak taste like they used to when they hung them properly.

• Like 1