garmin dog tracker

Hi looking for a garmin dog tracker, anyone know what amodel to go for and where are they cheapest to buy? thanks

BEEN LOOKING IN TO THEM ME SELF BUT DONT KNOW IF THE WILL WORK OVER HERE /THERES A COUPLE OF SITES BUT USA

Should work anywhere. You just have to get a SD card for your specific area if you want road, stream, trail, elevation, etc detail. I've been using the Astro 220 and DC30 collars for years now. I have 1 DC40 but don't have enough time in the field with that collar to pass judgement on it yet. I have not handled the new 320 unit yet, but I can't see any superbly cool features in it that would make me want to upgrade and shell out more money at this point.

Sean

Hi looking for a garmin dog tracker, anyone know what amodel to go for and where are they cheapest to buy? thanks

They are used here on hounds in rough country, although there are potential legality issues as the freq used is not one assigned for the purpose. Those who use them order by mail from the US.

By all accounts they work well within their limitations. They have neither the range nor the battery life of telemetry systems, but word is that if a dog drops off the tracking unity, you know where is was last and where it was heading so it's a matter of moving closer to the last known position.