what do you guys use

i might be moving to another house my dog run needs to be replaced but there are some stables joined on to the house and was thinking of keeping them in there save price of new dog run whats best straw or hay for beding also might put in a rasied sleeping area form them to keep them off cold floor any advise would be great boys and girls

Edited by scottish lurcher

Well in the summer I just have benches for all my dogs to sleep on. In the winter I have boxes the can go in. I used to use easy bed (cardboard squares) it was great stuff havent realy needed it this year because it aint been that cold for the dogs. Hay and straw can be dusty and hay harbours mites.

Well in the summer I just have benches for all my dogs to sleep on. In the winter I have boxes the can go in. I used to use easy bed (cardboard squares) it was great stuff havent realy needed it this year because it aint been that cold for the dogs. Hay and straw can be dusty and hay harbours mites.
i thought hay containt mites cos i used it when i had i ferrets they got ticks but when i used

straw never had probs we it thanks lads mite used straw and have rased beds for them be offered a dog that stayed in a house so coat is thin would i need to put in some heating until it gets thicker coat from staying outdoors

Edited by scottish lurcher

Try the local charity shop!! Honest I go in every 3 weeks or so and they have bags of clothes and towels etc which they do not think will sell in the shop so they give them to me as dog bedding for a couple of quid a time!! Rip them up and then throw them away when you have some more. Helping charity as well ;)