well if you leave them alone and it all goes wrong you could loose your bitch as well as the pups.Ive always watched them and helped them if needed gave the whippet a load more help than i would have normally usually theyre in the same room and i let them do what they can themselves but im there if it goes wrong to intervene for the bitches sake as well as her pups

Well said sweetlips, heres a kiss fer each cheek xxxx :tongue2:

Why thank you Honey bunch lmfao.Seriously though saying its only a dog is buillshit if you claim the dogs one of your best workers etc then why would you risk loosing it no one said kiss it or cuddle it or whatever just be close to hand and know your bitch and know whats happening.Why would you want to risk loosing your bitch shes far more important than the pups in my opinion and if you care for your dog or have a bond with it you would never do anything to put it in harms way.Its nothing like childbirth in humans either far from it i have kids myself and i wish i could have been as calm as a bitch having pups i was more like something out of the exorcist i certainly wasnt as quiet as a bitch giving birth neither

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best thing to do would be wean the pups off...get the bitch spayed/tits looked at at the same time...then we,ll see if you hold the bitch in the same light when you know you cant get a litter off her.

well if you leave them alone and it all goes wrong you could loose your bitch as well as the pups.Ive always watched them and helped them if needed gave the whippet a load more help than i would have

The thing to watch out for is if the bitch still has pups inside her but stops pushing. Overweight, unfit or older bitches sometimes get tired. Some breeds are what is known as slow whelpers, but ther

Posted Images

I do tend to leave them quiet an on their own but when I know they've started I'm checking them every 2 hours to make sure another pup is out, if not its down to the vets.

I've only had 3 litters in total . I must have just got unlucky coz 2 out of 3 needed intervention.

1st litter was a dream - left bitch in kitchen quiet and checked on her every couple of hours and no problems at all. 2nd Litter 1 pup out then nothing after 2 hours so straight to vet - big dog pup had got stuck and vet couldn't manipulate it round so C section (no pups lost). 3rd litter was my lurchers and as you know that was a nightmare.

No but someone else did! Anyway its not rocket science if the first few 2 or3 have popped out leave her alone to get on with it maybe in the begging check a couple of times to make aure there ok but you dont need to do much more than that imo, like i said dogs aint humans!

Anything could happen with each pups such as not breathing, cord bleeding, being stuck and it wouldn't be noticed if you went on your merry way to bed. Lurchers are flesh and blood not super beasts that don't need assistance once in a while.

pmsl some people are rare as fuk why dont i meet divs like you in real life haha i'd have a right laugh :laugh:

I doubt I'm as rare as your type should be :thumbs: The only div here is the guy that doesn't care about his bitch enough to keep his eyes open. If you want to meet me and discuss this further I'm sure we can arrange it. I'm sure we would both have a good laugh.

No but someone else did! Anyway its not rocket science if the first few 2 or3 have popped out leave her alone to get on with it maybe in the begging check a couple of times to make aure there ok but you dont need to do much more than that imo, like i said dogs aint humans!

Anything could happen with each pups such as not breathing, cord bleeding, being stuck and it wouldn't be noticed if you went on your merry way to bed. Lurchers are flesh and blood not super beasts that don't need assistance once in a while.

pmsl some people are rare as fuk why dont i meet divs like you in real life haha i'd have a right laugh :laugh:

I doubt I'm as rare as your type should be :thumbs: The only div here is the guy that doesn't care about his bitch enough to keep his eyes open. If you want to meet me and discuss this further I'm sure we can arrange it. I'm sure we would both have a good laugh.

:haha:

FTB

all whent well 2 brindle bitches 2 sable dogs and man flu for me lol

thay are all feeding well and for who asked yes that are out off the billy bitch she ciome to me in pup and sire to pups is 1/2 saluki 1/4 bull 1/4 grey ill get some pics up to night when get home from work

did you not know she was in pup because if i can remember right in the first tread you put up you said she just had a litter ?and why would someone pass a dog on in pup when surely they take the litter away then get rid .

thay are all feeding well and for who asked yes that are out off the billy bitch she ciome to me in pup and sire to pups is 1/2 saluki 1/4 bull 1/4 grey ill get some pics up to night when get home from work

did you not know she was in pup because if i can remember right in the first tread you put up you said she just had a litter ?and why would someone pass a dog on in pup when surely they take the litter away then get rid .

This can't be the same bitch from his other thread where I asked how long ago it had pups? :blink:

This can't be the same bitch from his other thread where I asked how long ago it had pups? :blink:

it is :blink:

it is :blink:

Well terrier2011 should be posting any second now to stand up for Mark :whistling: