Anybody who kisses and cuddles their bitch while it's in labour needs their head checked.

Just as anyone who leaves it on it's own needs the same.

Monitoring the situation, sitting quietly by, is all that's needed. Things can go pear shaped really quickly - sometimes you need to act fast. If you wander past every once in a while you could miss the vital moment when intervention was needed to save a pup and/or the dam.

Having given birth twice, and once to twins, I will say this: I preferred to have people close by in case I needed them. But I wanted those people to leave me the fcuk alone otherwise. Same goes for whelping a bitch imo.

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best thing to do would be wean the pups off...get the bitch spayed/tits looked at at the same time...then we,ll see if you hold the bitch in the same light when you know you cant get a litter off her.

well if you leave them alone and it all goes wrong you could loose your bitch as well as the pups.Ive always watched them and helped them if needed gave the whippet a load more help than i would have

The thing to watch out for is if the bitch still has pups inside her but stops pushing. Overweight, unfit or older bitches sometimes get tired. Some breeds are what is known as slow whelpers, but ther

Posted Images

well if you leave them alone and it all goes wrong you could loose your bitch as well as the pups.Ive always watched them and helped them if needed gave the whippet a load more help than i would have normally usually theyre in the same room and i let them do what they can themselves but im there if it goes wrong to intervene for the bitches sake as well as her pups

Well said sweetlips, heres a kiss fer each cheek xxxx :tongue2:

I wonder how long the list of f*****g retards on here actually is in real life? :hmm:

At any one time, one in six adults in the UK is living with a mental health problem.

There are 35,327 members here, so roughly 7850 of the members on here need help :laugh: :laugh: :icon_eek:

I'd be careful saying that with the avatar you have now, you're opening a can of worms. :whistling:

why u sitting there leave her alone just check she ok every couple of hours go to bed and get a kip mate

Now alan i think you talk some utter shite half the time butthat is the best advice yet, there not humans the end of the day and prefete there own company while.giving birth lot less stressfull for her.

You 2 should get together. Youd probably get on well as its a toss up as to who comes out with the most shit.

• Like 1
Guest joball

With you mentality I'd be surprised your dogs last long enough to make seasoned workers or do you just use them for shows and stud? If you want money for the pups you should care if they are breathing at birth and you can't breed next year from a dead bitch so it's in your best interest ££££ to pay attention to your investment. :thumbs:

Welfare my arse if anyones seen my dogs there in the best condition they can be, if interfearing in mother natures your thing so be it but where not talking british bulldogs here where talking lurchers which 99.9% never have a problem as there fit healthy dogs. As for stud fees lol only evwr had one dog for stud myself andthe most i recieved from him being used was two sacks of dog food haha.

Pmsl next they'll be talling you to hold her paw next and put her favourate song on :laugh:

Ffs its a dog, i wreckin half the time the bitch ends up in the vets is coz the owner interfereing

With you mentality I'd be surprised your dogs last long enough to make seasoned workers or do you just use them for shows and stud? If you want money for the pups you should care if they are breathing at birth and you can't breed next year from a dead bitch so it's in your best interest ££££ to pay attention to your investment. :thumbs:

Welfare my arse if anyones seen my dogs there in the best condition they can be, if interfearing in a where not talking british bulldogs here where talking lurchers which 99.9% never have a problem as there fit healthy dogs. As for stud fees lol only evwr had one dog for stud myself andthe most i recieved from him being used was two sacks of dog food haha.

Whatever you say mate :whistling: but I didn't say the word welfare and I wasn't saying to hold it's paw just get off your lazy ass enough to look at it from a distance while it's in labour.

I wonder how long the list of f*****g retards on here actually is in real life? :hmm:

At any one time, one in six adults in the UK is living with a mental health problem.

There are 35,327 members here, so roughly 7850 of the members on here need help :laugh: :laugh: :icon_eek:

I'd be careful saying that with the avatar you have now, you're opening a can of worms. :whistling:

:o That's a terrible thing to say :(

Anyway's my worms are in a tupperware container :yes:

:o That's a terrible thing to say :(

Anyway's my worms are in a tupperware container :yes:

:laugh: I bet they all have names

Guest joball

No but someone else did! Anyway its not rocket science if the first few 2 or3 have popped out leave her alone to get on with it maybe in the begging check a couple of times to make aure there ok but you dont need to do much more than that imo, like i said dogs aint humans!

No but someone else did! Anyway its not rocket science if the first few 2 or3 have popped out leave her alone to get on with it maybe in the begging check a couple of times to make aure there ok but you dont need to do much more than that imo, like i said dogs aint humans!

Anything could happen with each pups such as not breathing, cord bleeding, being stuck and it wouldn't be noticed if you went on your merry way to bed. Lurchers are flesh and blood not super beasts that don't need assistance once in a while.

Guest joball

Anything could happen with each pups such as not breathing, cord bleeding, being stuck and it wouldn't be noticed if you went on your merry way to bed. Lurchers are flesh and blood not super beasts that don't need assistance once in a while.

pmsl some people are rare as fuk why dont i meet divs like you in real life haha i'd have a right laugh :laugh: