BIG DOG FCUKED

Glad to hear your dogs ok mate i wouldnt put sugar on the wound personally ive heard of manuka honey and used it and its good for healing but i wouldnt even use that on that size of wound just a personal opinion i know others do it.I would do what others advised listen to the vet and keep him calm if you can i know thats easier said thatn done with a lurcher lol.Mine go stir crazy if theyre kept in its the only time i ever hear my bitch whine tbh is when shes been laid up cos she isnt used to being left in.I wish your dog all the best and a speedy recovery

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im sorry to here about that rocky hope it all works out for u but if thing dont pm me ive got a dog pup left and u can come and pick him up free of charge mate its not a nice thing to happen ive had t

well just geting back from the vets and they admited him ,they will not know nothing untill they but him a sleep so he hopeing he ok ,i have 2 ring them at 4pm ,it still has,nt sunk in ,some post have

Still young enough to heal quick mate. You said he can walk on it which is a good sign. I think he'll be fine mate. The joys of lurchers eh.... We have all been there mate and we know how your feeling

Posted Images

heres the pic mate couldnt send it to you for some reason! but same type of accident off a fence but no muscle damage its amazing how quick they heal mate atbpost-36395-0-24041300-1310138699_thumb.jpg

still looks a bad that gossy mate ,whats the chance of that 2 brothers doing the same thing with the same type of fence :wallbash: just different places

Good result.. :thumbs: ..they alway's look worse than they really are but you cant mess about with DIY job's when the muscle is torn or damaged..you done the right thing going to the vet's and he will heal a lot quicker by doing so.. :yes: ...and quicker again if you had access to a mag box.

good luck mate my bich hit fence bout 2 weeks ago she abit quick 4 her own good and carried on running didnt see the damage till the following afternoon i had to put 6 stapeles in her stomach area she was back out in 10 days no problems thats in a bad place hope it dont affect the running and u crack on working probably towards the end of this season with the look on that

i,m just glad he ok ,weather it be this season or next as long he 100% ,they way it look like last night i did,nt think he could walk again,hope no was has 2 witness the same thing it was horrible :thumbdown:

your dog will run this season no problem mate,once the stitches are out build him up on the road.loads of short walks to start with.you need to keep the scar tissue elasticated,rather than rigid scar build up :thumbs: atb with him :thumbs:

STA73265.jpg

STA73262.jpg

STA73264.jpg

just trim the hair away and a threw staples that no probs

the dog had muscle dameage aswell i think the vets had 2 take some bad/rip miscle tiisue away ,anyway as far as wounds go how bad would it have 2 be before you would take your dog 2 the vets ,i thought mine needed the vets ?

maybe im lucky in what i do i add a bitch were a stick was in her leg like yours cleaned her up trimed hair staple her wound but left the bottom inch open to drain any fluids that mite build up and just lead walked her til healed when checked her at goerge drakes the greyhound man she got the all clear to run plus she was treated in me mag box and spirle there was torn mussal there

STA73265.jpg

STA73262.jpg

STA73264.jpg

just trim the hair away and a threw staples that no probs

the dog had muscle dameage aswell i think the vets had 2 take some bad/rip miscle tiisue away ,anyway as far as wounds go how bad would it have 2 be before you would take your dog 2 the vets ,i thought mine needed the vets ?

maybe im lucky in what i do i add a bitch were a stick was in her leg like yours cleaned her up trimed hair staple her wound but left the bottom inch open to drain any fluids that mite build up and just lead walked her til healed when checked her at goerge drakes the greyhound man she got the all clear to run plus she was treated in me mag box and spirle there was torn mussal there

i,m looking 2 this mag box situation ,would it speed the recovery process up and if yes by how much

good luck mate my bich hit fence bout 2 weeks ago she abit quick 4 her own good and carried on running didnt see the damage till the following afternoon i had to put 6 stapeles in her stomach area she was back out in 10 days no problems thats in a bad place hope it dont affect the running and u crack on working probably towards the end of this season with the look on that

i,m just glad he ok ,weather it be this season or next as long he 100% ,they way it look like last night i did,nt think he could walk again,hope no was has 2 witness the same thing it was horrible :thumbdown:

your dog will run this season no problem mate,once the stitches are out build him up on the road.loads of short walks to start with.you need to keep the scar tissue elasticated,rather than rigid scar build up :thumbs: atb with him :thumbs:

hope he does run this season but going 2 still take it easy with him and just let him selfenter ,when you mean keep the scar tissue elasticated rather rigid what advantage does that give ?

If you don't keep the scar tissue supple it will go rigid & restrict movement of the muscle.I have the same with a shoulder & neck injury from 3 years ago.Lost about 30% of the movement in my neck & shoulder.

If you don't keep the scar tissue supple it will go rigid & restrict movement of the muscle.I have the same with a shoulder & neck injury from 3 years ago.Lost about 30% of the movement in my neck & shoulder.

any tips on how 2 keep it supple ?

Sorry Rocky no.I don't know a great deal about this sort of thing.Other than gentle exersise of the muscle to keep the scare tissue to a minimum.Im sure others on here or the vet could advise you better.im sure he'll be ok.Theyre a dam site tougher than we are.Theres a lady lives near me.Used to have a couple of pet whippets.One of them had it's front leg taken off.But it could still catch a bloody rabbit.

Atb with him.

Kev.

• Like 1