Last dig of 2010/11

Looking at my pics and found a few pics from our last day of the season(Back in Jan 11)We started around 7.30am and checked a few of our dens at the base of the fell in a wooded area.A few were cleaned but nothing at home.We moved onto the fellside and despite the frost and large amounts of snow the bracken was dead but still high in areas(unusual for Jan)There were plenty of holes on the fell due to the amount of rabbits of yester year,but on any given year there may only be 4 or 5 spots opened up.But they all need checked.The dogs gave us a mark around midday,so we netted up and entered my black/tan bitch.Got a mark around 1.3 and got going.Simple enough and all was ended fairly quickly.The keeper was with us so everyone was happy.

Edited by clachan

Looking at my pics and found a few pics from our last day of the season(Back in Jan 11)We started around 7.30am and checked a few of our dens at the base of the fell in a wooded area.A few were cleaned but nothing at home.We moved onto the fellside and despite the frost and large amounts of snow the bracken was dead but still high in areas(unusual for Jan)There were plenty of holes on the fell due to the amount of rabbits of yester year,but on any given year there may only be 4 or 5 spots opened up.But they all need checked.The dogs gave us a mark around midday,so we netted up and entered my black/tan bitch.Got a mark around 1.3 and got going.Simple enough and all was ended fairly quickly.The keeper was with us so everyone was happy.post-11831-0-73744500-1309464149_thumb.jpgpost-11831-0-80031500-1309464478_thumb.jpg

Nice one Baz good pic of the wee bitch! Was it just you and the oldyin out that day?

Heres a pic of our last dig easy enough spot, dug with a daughter of Flint :thumbs:

2005-1.jpg

2007.jpg

It was lukey.That wee bitch looks like she turned into a handy little dog.Anything like flint and she will never let you down,But have the antibiotics on stand by lol.clachan

Edited by clachan

:thumbs:

You seen this wee bitch work Dotty as you know, what a great place to be digging will always remember that one, just a good thing the footy season was over lol :toast:

:toast:

had to look twice, she has filled oot nicely, hopefully get another few digs to her come the season mate :thumbs:

Looking at my pics and found a few pics from our last day of the season(Back in Jan 11)We started around 7.30am and checked a few of our dens at the base of the fell in a wooded area.A few were cleaned but nothing at home.We moved onto the fellside and despite the frost and large amounts of snow the bracken was dead but still high in areas(unusual for Jan)There were plenty of holes on the fell due to the amount of rabbits of yester year,but on any given year there may only be 4 or 5 spots opened up.But they all need checked.The dogs gave us a mark around midday,so we netted up and entered my black/tan bitch.Got a mark around 1.3 and got going.Simple enough and all was ended fairly quickly.The keeper was with us so everyone was happy.post-11831-0-73744500-1309464149_thumb.jpgpost-11831-0-80031500-1309464478_thumb.jpg

thats a cracking looking bitch

Nice one Baz good pic of the wee bitch! Was it just you and the oldyin out that day?

Heres a pic of our last dig easy enough spot, dug with a daughter of Flint :thumbs:

2005-1.jpg

2007.jpg

either hes lost a bit a weight or thats a big hole lukey....lol...was on the spade on this wee bitches 1st dig..some pup at the time :thumbs:

2005-1.jpg

2007.jpg

either hes lost a bit a weight or thats a big hole lukey....lol...was on the spade on this wee bitches 1st dig..some pup at the time :thumbs:

yip she done well :thumbs: