letting foxes go?

digging is not pest control for everyone ,its only pest control if game is needed to be killed like on pheasant shoots etc.Itsnot pest

control for everyone

Edited by scent

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Veedublee . The reason why a lot of us dig is too work our dogs, not to kill foxes. Working your dog and releasing a live healthy fox at the end of the dig is the perfect result for us. Its about wo

terriermaniac, on 30 June 2011 - 02:07 AM, said: I can't see the point in letting them go! The day I wanna let em go is the day I give up diggin!     "You really do talk a load of bollocks if ev

it is legal and humane to let a bird catch and kill which in my opinion would be a slower and more painful death than with a dog. And anyone with chickens lambs etc cannot dig them on there land! it i

I can't see the point in letting them go! The day I wanna let em go is the day I give up diggin!

the day i could not let some go,and cant see the point in letting them go that day i would give up,saying that the amount i do these days the foxes thing ive packed in :laugh:

if everyone had the idea of that the reason we go digging i to kill game then there would be no game left to work our dogs.Personally i dig to see dogs working and get the reward of seeing game run after the dogs work is done

:notworthy::notworthy::clapper::clapper:

In all the years im diging i have never counted it as pest control.When the lads and i go out its to see the dogs work first and formost,and then its to have the craic and generally take the piss out of each other.When i go shooting i dont care if i never shoot a thing as long as the springers are geting all the work they want,but i do shoot an odd one.Terriermaniac,do you keeper or work on a shoot or is your permission on a shoot,as you seem hell bent on killing your game.What kick do you get out of it,is it not enough to see your dog doing what it was bred for without killing them all.The sport would be a sad affair if we all had your attitude towards diging.There was someone on here sometime back saying game was short on the ground in the southeast,im not surprised.

Terriermaniac what sort of a stupid fuking statement is that!

Digging is sport for me. Pest controll rarely comes into it. Don't get me wrong, sometimes we have to kill to keep permission but in my eyes digging is most certinly a sport

Veedublee . The reason why a lot of us dig is too work our dogs, not to kill foxes. Working your dog and releasing a live healthy fox at the end of the dig is the perfect result for us. Its about working our dogs we only kill if we have too

how do youse get it out the den once yous have dug down or out of the net without it having a go at you :hmm:

the ONLY fox i have ever dug out was shot but in that video they were just grabbing them by the scruff of the neck and dragging them out. or just standing back from the hole and letting it bolt. must of been a dead end or something.

:D:D:laugh::toast:

Veedublee . The reason why a lot of us dig is too work our dogs, not to kill foxes. Working your dog and releasing a live healthy fox at the end of the dig is the perfect result for us. Its about working our dogs we only kill if we have too

how do youse get it out the den once yous have dug down or out of the net without it having a go at you :hmm:

scruff it back of the neck they go like a limp cock when ye got them right, me thinks ye aint handled to much quarry fella :laugh:

scruff it back of the neck they go like a limp cock when ye got them right, me thinks ye aint handled to much quarry fella :laugh:

il put my hads up and say i have never handled a live fox or even attempted to and dont plan on! i think my dog would b pretty pissed if i pulled out a fox he had been working underground for whatever time then let it run off! :yes:

• Like 1

kill them all let god sort them out / if we ever let one or even two go the land owner would be p**SED AND HIS GAME BIRDS WOULD TAKE A HAMMERING so it a no no .no land no fun no ferreting no digging no shooting just for letting a fox free noway. tell you what i wil sell my guns and ferrets and terriers and be a ant NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

il put my hads up and say i have never handled a live fox or even attempted to and dont plan on! i think my dog would b pretty pissed if i pulled out a fox he had been working underground for whatever time then let it run off! :yes:

A dog is a dog and the digger should be the ONE with the brain to reason, once you break through whether, it is a nuisance call or dog work. The dog should be happy just to get the work. You don't go letting a bird dog tear a pheasant because it made a good point or retrieve. As for laws, some are practical and some are asinine, you should be your own judge, not a sheep.

Very few people HAVE to go digging if they don't want to. The reason we dig is because of the sport, thats why we started foxing in the first place. Some foxes have to be killed but many others don't, dependant on circumstances.

Lambing and bird areas/times, out with the hunt (mostly), they die. Dog gets a pasting or a real b*****d of a dig, ditto.

Moorland, arable, heathland, etc. no reason to kill them all, good sport and foxy is there for another day. JMHO. :thumbs:

Cheers, D.