how to get my dog to shut up

right lads a need some help i dont no how much more i can take when i got the dog it was a howler then i used shock collar to get it out of that but now it just winges n howls for f**k all all day its had the best home it could of asked for its out most the day its got nice big kennel n runn so why is it doing this it wont piss or shit in kennel and it lets you no when it needs the toilet witch is fair play but for no other reason to sit n cry n odd howl iv tryed everythin i know

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right lads a need some help i dont no how much more i can take when i got the dog it was a howler then i used shock collar to get it out of that but now it just winges n howls for f**k all all day its had the best home it could of asked for its out most the day its got nice big kennel n runn so why is it doing this it wont piss or shit in kennel and it lets you no when it needs the toilet witch is fair play but for no other reason to sit n cry n odd howl iv tryed everythin i know

if its still kicking off the shock collar didnt work or was not used correctly maybe,loads things to take into consideration,has it allways been kenneled how old is it how much exercise you giving it is well grubbed up loads of things to consider,give us plenty info to go on,you dont want to go down the route of banging it on the head with a shovel just yet(joke):D:thumbs:

Edited by watchman

i,ve always used water from the hose works every time,+if youve got a hose turn it on an laeave it pointed in the run,, only suggerstion

How old is it? Is it well exercised etc.?

It might just be bored/lonely. I'd try getting some big marrow bones from the butcher for it to chew. Or get one of those kongs, stuff it with plain yogurt, tuna, soaked biscuit, then freeze it. A frozen well stuffed kong will keep a dog busy for yonks! It's worth a try at any rate :thumbs:

water is always a good tool when tone of your voice has failed. If mine have become "deaf" to the obvious one, I only have to say "right then I'll get the bucket!!!" :thumbs:

Nobody is harmed and the mutts have only got wet a couple of times before they latch on to it ;)

I'll probably get slated now for being cruel :whistling:

Edited by mad al

water is always a good tool when tone of your voice has failed. If mine have become "deaf" to the obvious one, I only have to say "right then I'll get the bucket!!!" :thumbs:

Nobody is harmed and the mutts have only got wet a couple of times before they latch on to it ;)

I'll probably get slated now for being cruel :whistling:

just been through the same thing myself within the week he was quite as a mouse and not a shovel in site :D:thumbs:

Edited by watchman

not crual pal better than hitting it and it turning out to b afraid of u.mine the same get the hose out to water garden and he runs in kennel at the sight of it haha but loves the river :thumbs:

thats right water is the way

ALRIGHT LADS ERM TO BE FAIR HE IS FED WELL AND IS EXERCISE ABOUT 5 TIMES A DAY THATS WHEN HE WINGES IF IV HAD HIM OUT N PUT HIM BACK HE WINGES TRYED MY BITCH IN WITH IT LAST NIGHT STILL WINGED BUT HE IS SCARED OF HER SO DOPNT THINK HE WENT INTO THE KENNEL TO SLEEP YEAH IT CAME FROM HOUSE MATE BUT ITS BEEN NEARLY 10 WEEKS NOW AND ITS NOT GETTING BETTER TO BE HONEST ITS NOT REALLY BAD BUT LIKE U DONT WANT TO BE WOKEN UP BY YUR DOG EVERY f*****g MORNING OR WHEN U TRYIN TO GET TO SLEEP. I BOUGHT THE DOG BACK AS I BREAD IT AND WISH I NEVER SELT IT ONLY SELT IT AS MY BITCH WAS PINNING IT AT THE TIME THE MOTHER THAT IS BUT THEY OK NOW

wonder if the exercise 5 times a day is the problem are you taking it out 5 times a day because its winging its taking the piss by the sounds of it thinking that if he wines he gets to go out id try the water and take it out one or twice a day and bring him back when hes knackered