black eyed white hob wanted scotland

He might up travelling down to Jai's to get one there more popular down south laugh.giflaugh.gif

:laugh:

am keepin the heid doon on this wan :whistling:

Aye, sorry i miss read, so my demon rabbiter of a white eyed black is no good to you eh?

I also got a black eyed black, a red eyed white and a black eyed brown.

Somewhere i may even have a brown eyed girl. . . . .

I do even have a black eyed white, cracking worker, micro sized :whistling: , currently blind.

Tak your pick and i'll send them up by carrier pigeon :thumbs:

Aye, sorry i miss read, so my demon rabbiter of a white eyed black is no good to you eh?

I also got a black eyed black, a red eyed white and a black eyed brown.

Somewhere i may even have a brown eyed girl. . . . .

I do even have a black eyed white, cracking worker, micro sized :whistling: , currently blind.

Tak your pick and i'll send them up by carrier pigeon :thumbs:

Aye Ah`ve got a brown eye annaw,, but ah save that for special days oot wi Kittlerox :thumbs::D

:blink::laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats harsh about it? No one insulted him or told him to f**k off, it's just a bit of banter mate, a sense of humor :thumbs:

I wasn't having a pop at you buddy :thumbs:

I know exactly what you are saying about colours, as I also get fed up with people wanting specific colours. A ferret is a ferret, I've had problem ferrets but it's more to do with the ferrets being nippy. Never had any issues with ferrets working, fair to say some work better than others but colour has never been a factor but I can also appreciate that some people want a specific line. My mate "breeds" greyhound ferrets, I call them small :blink: He can fit four in a pint glass, they still kill in and lay up if he hasn't fed them before they hunt. However they don't disturb the nets like a large hob would. Again colour hasn't really effected anything they do...... Another mate breeds pure BEW and wouldn't entertain keeping another colour ferret, his ferrets are a good deal bigger and even his jills wreck the nets, he's forever running around resetting the nets and in general catches a lot less rabbits than my mate who works his "greyhounds" because the rabbits can hear him running around on their roof, like thunder on a summers morning! Amazing as it's sounds, and to most I am sure unbelievable but the ferrets colours haven't really played a big part either way but again, the world is made up of different people with different ideas and as long as the animals are well cared for, good luck to them.

John

Whats harsh about it? No one insulted him or told him to f**k off, it's just a bit of banter mate, a sense of humor :thumbs:

I know exactly what you are saying about colours, as I also get fed up with people wanting specific colours. A ferret is a ferret, I've had problem ferrets but it's more to do with the ferrets being nippy. Never had any issues with ferrets working, fair to say some work better than others but colour has never been a factor but I can also appreciate that some people want a specific line. My mate "breeds" greyhound ferrets, I call them small :blink: He can fit four in a pint glass, they still kill in and lay up if he hasn't fed them before they hunt. However they don't disturb the nets like a large hob would. Again colour hasn't really effected anything they do...... Another mate breeds pure BEW and wouldn't entertain keeping another colour ferret, his ferrets are a good deal bigger and even his jills wreck the nets, he's forever running around resetting the nets and in general catches a lot less rabbits than my mate who works his "greyhounds" because the rabbits can hear him running around on their roof, like thunder on a summers morning! Amazing as it's sounds, and to most I am sure unbelievable but the ferrets colours haven't really played a big part either way but again, the world is made up of different people with different ideas and as long as the animals are well cared for, good luck to them.

John

big ferrets need a net with a bigger mesh :thumbs: job done

if there's rabbits in a warren and you have proper working ferrets you shouldn't be reseting any nets ? I'm confident that once my jills start piping up the jobs done ,

John

if there's rabbits in a warren and you have proper working ferrets you shouldn't be reseting any nets ? I'm confident that once my jills start piping up the jobs done ,

You have obviously done a lot more ferreting than most :notworthy:

I'll have to pay more attention and train my ferrets not to return until the bury is clear and certainly under no circumstances at all, disturb the nets :blink:

But then again, I've not got proper working ferrets, mine are a different breed I guess, different species even, sort of soft on the outside and crunchy in the middle type ferrets, not even meat eaters, more vegetarian by your standards.

A mate used to take the pi$$ out of new ferrets owners, they would come along and put a deposit down, he would offer to train the ferret to hunt, costing £10 and £3 per week for board and lodge to cover the cost of food and grooming and the cost of the farrier to clip the nails.

I can not say I know it all, I don't and always learn new stuff from my animals, but in twenty years of continued ferret ownership and a further ten in the presence of ferrets I have never seen a trained hunting ferret, nor do I believe that anyone could "train" a ferret to hunt, anymore than they could train a ferret to not kill a rabbit. Load of cods wallop.

Each to their own I guess, just as long as you have fun and enjoy the day.

John

[HUnter_zero' timestamp=1307872451' post='2102846]

name='f mac' timestamp='1307866938' post='2102723']

big ferrets need a net with a bigger mesh :thumbs: job done

Aye, so I've been told....6"x6" :thumbs:

John

You have heard about my silvers then they come out to a net sit on there back feet and scrape it down with there front feet then walk out over it :wallbash: :wallbash:

You have obviously done a lot more ferreting than most :notworthy:

I'll have to pay more attention and train my ferrets not to return until the bury is clear and certainly under no circumstances at all, disturb the nets :blink:

But then again, I've not got proper working ferrets, mine are a different breed I guess, different species even, sort of soft on the outside and crunchy in the middle type ferrets, not even meat eaters, more vegetarian by your standards.

A mate used to take the pi$$ out of new ferrets owners, they would come along and put a deposit down, he would offer to train the ferret to hunt, costing £10 and £3 per week for board and lodge to cover the cost of food and grooming and the cost of the farrier to clip the nails.

I can not say I know it all, I don't and always learn new stuff from my animals, but in twenty years of continued ferret ownership and a further ten in the presence of ferrets I have never seen a trained hunting ferret, nor do I believe that anyone could "train" a ferret to hunt, anymore than they could train a ferret to not kill a rabbit. Load of cods wallop.

Each to their own I guess, just as long as you have fun and enjoy the day.

John

Interesting, but i'm not sure i get your point? There are a lot of ferrets out there and most of them will work to some standard, bolt rabbits etc, and they will get better with time, but then you see a very good working ferret and realize there is a difference. I don't think you can 'make/train' good workers either, it's in them or it isn't, they are born to it, or they are not. And obviously, with time, experience and repetition, the best get better.

I know what Jamie is saying, in general once the ferret enters and goes down, you don't really see her above ground until the warren is pretty much empty, no popping in and out etc. Mine are the same, once they start to show above ground you can be pretty certain the warren is empty as if there are bunnies down there they would still be down there trying to bolt or kill them, that is, apart from my best jill, who will take above ground short cuts. I've watched her enter a hole...... back out, leg it across the set and dive down another hole to immediatly bolt a bunny, mind you she also tries to climb trees. :laugh:

You have heard about my silvers then they come out to a net sit on there back feet and scrape it down with there front feet then walk out over it :wallbash: :wallbash:

Do they have blues eyes tho? :thumbs:

I used to work a giant hob, caught many rabbits with him, but he was a right s0d for skipping above ground and messing my nets up. Many moons ago...... me & the Mrs were working him on moonlight ground. Boxing day morning in fact, we had caught a good eight rabbits from a bury. I had good days with that hob, wish I had the time to do the same these days.

John

:boogie: well you bunch of idiots i probily kill more rabbits than yous every year you may be good at giving it but who cares i get avrage 70 rabbits a day can supply photo it was just a black eyed white HOB i wanted to keep up my stalk do not need world beaters or any thing great 40 rabbits a time would do

:boogie: well you bunch of idiots i probily kill more rabbits than yous every year you may be good at giving it but who cares i get avrage 70 rabbits a day can supply photo it was just a black eyed white HOB i wanted to keep up my stalk do not need world beaters or any thing great 40 rabbits a time would do

numbers are for glory hunters :thumbdown: i like to leave some for next time only a sma;ll freezer :blink: .and this is your second thread lookin for a bew u got no takers last time either ,maybe spend some time on forum u mite get some or theres always gumtree usually loads on there :whistling:

Still shouldn`t breed from shite just because it`s the right colour for your STOCK!!..

And as for "bunch of idiots" "I get a million rabbits a year blah blah blah gies a shout when yeh leave the school and get properly intae it!...

ATB

Still shouldn`t breed from shite just because it`s the right colour for your STOCK!!..

And as for "bunch of idiots" "I get a million rabbits a year blah blah blah gies a shout when yeh leave the school and get properly intae it!...

ATB

How can you tell if a ferret is shite by its colour. You can talk some shite pal :laugh:

What are you talking about you idiot?? My statement is that you should not breed from shite stock just because it is the right colour !I have no idea whether the ferret he will breed from is good or not,, he asked for a specific colour and my advice was to make sure it was good working stock before breedig from it !! try reading before posting and making an arsehole of yourself !! :feck: