national ferret register

stubby

well, had a great day, really infomative on all aspects of ferreting, using birds/dogs and nets split up into 3 groups and getting about an hour and half on each, only took a couple of pics Im affraid, mainly because we were asked to turn our phones off(camera phone) in case they rung and spooked anything

the birds were great to see, flying at rabbits rather than as we normally get to see them at a country fair, but far to slow for my liking and need lots of looking after etc

the dog section was the mutts nutts, AMBER, a grey/whip/collie did some great runs in thick trees/undergrowth

the nets included setting out purse and long nets and also took the most rabbits of the day,

the day included a free lunch, burgers and salad as much as you could eat, plus tea and coffee, this including the days tution and being run all around the countryside to different locations in 4x4's is FREE as you get your £20 deposit back if you turn up(mine was given as donation) and I will deffo be joing the NFR once I finish typing this

thats big fish hunter on the right in the picture, can anyone see whats on his feet?

guess what he left behind lol

Edited by stubby
Guest foxtrack
myself and big fish hunter are going on the NFR ferreting day tomorrow, will try and take a few pics if anyones interested

in that case plese will you register mine on my behalf, they are white ,pink eyes,sharp,teeth and they smell. can somone plese tell me what the feck this is all about,who'sthe nutter behind the nfr . how many members have they got ,how many members have they got who work thier ferrets. i cant beleve things like this :cry:

myself and big fish hunter are going on the NFR ferreting day tomorrow, will try and take a few pics if anyones interested

in that case plese will you register mine on my behalf, they are white ,pink eyes,sharp,teeth and they smell. can somone plese tell me what the feck this is all about,who'sthe nutter behind the nfr . how many members have they got ,how many members have they got who work thier ferrets. i cant beleve things like this :cry:

ps im startting my own club called the garden snail fan club demos on how they eat, sleep and shag and yes we only take groups of four at a time but no cameras or phones please :no:

Guest foxtrack
Its not a ferret regester its a ferreters regester, good site, they have lists of ferret kits available, vasectamised hobs available etc

Look at the site, dont know the adress, google it and it shoudl come up

ok can they regester me then ,6ft tall smell of ferrets drab cloaths ,think that most of people on this forum have never put a ferret near a hole ,and well, no dont register me please :yes:

maybe my spelling was wrong, yes its for people who care about using ferrets, and want to keep using them

its run to try and educate non hunting type people, that ferrets are not only owned and used by travelers or poachers, but that there is a bigger mass of people out there that use ferrets as part of either their sport or pest control or just as pets, its run with the ferret in mind, not the keeper

this is a free state still, so your opinion is yours to have, but why make fun of an organization that can only help our "hobby"

surely its better than a bunch of anti's who want to ban all forms of hunting

no mate, absolutly FREE OF CHARGE, the nfr pays for it all,even if your not a member, even had youngster's there, which can only be a good thing, bringing new blood into the hobby

you pay a £20 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT to make sure you turn up, save's places going wasted, although I gave my deposit back as a donation as it was such a good day

and yup, there were people there today that had travelled from WALES

Guest foxtrack
maybe my spelling was wrong, yes its for people who care about using ferrets, and want to keep using them

its run to try and educate non hunting type people, that ferrets are not only owned and used by travelers or poachers, but that there is a bigger mass of people out there that use ferrets as part of either their sport or pest control or just as pets, its run with the ferret in mind, not the keeper

this is a free state still, so your opinion is yours to have, but why make fun of an organization that can only help our "hobby"

surely its better than a bunch of anti's who want to ban all forms of hunting

i make fun of my self, but youve said know thats its run to try and educate non hunting type people. well its for a great couse then :clapper::clapper: does that make you non educated inhunting then :hmm:

no mate, absolutly FREE OF CHARGE, the nfr pays for it all,even if your not a member, even had youngster's there, which can only be a good thing, bringing new blood into the hobby

you pay a £20 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT to make sure you turn up, save's places going wasted, although I gave my deposit back as a donation as it was such a good day

and yup, there were people there today that had travelled from WALES

no they couldent have been from wales we all know how to catch rabbits here,(and sheep) ? its nice to know its free i hate to see people get ripped off nice one :victory:

Guest big fish hunter

hi i would like to say that the day is well worth going on. i found it very enjoyable i am going to join the NFR

and thanks for stubby for doing all the driving up to the day. :clapper::clapper:

just to clarify yes i left my boots in the car in essex :realmad:

BIG FISH HUNTER