bobbery packs

Those that have teckels? How were they to train and do you have problems with them ranging ahead? I really fancy a small 'hound type' dog for bushing / working cover, but with the land we hunt i can't really be fecked chasing it across mountain tops or waiting for an hour for it to emerge from forestry plantations?

Mine comes when called - that is about all the training I have felt the need to do - she goes to ground, tracks deerr finds rabbits under brambles and hares on the fields - don't think they are any slouch though - trying to keep up through scrub is impossible! If it goes to ground then it isn't coming out until it is good and ready so you can have a wait on your hands. That said ib see more wildlife with her than i ever saw before.

Must admit i love the idea of running a bobbery pack but when i tried it with m y terriers and lurchers i found it too stressfull :laugh: And i didnt have the right land or enough of it :thumbs:

I think I know what you,re saying about being stressful, I think if you had a pack running about mad it could be a right pain in the arse :wallbash: But I reckon if you had a small team of the right mix and controlable it would be a joy to see them working :thumbs:

Must admit i love the idea of running a bobbery pack but when i tried it with m y terriers and lurchers i found it too stressfull :laugh: And i didnt have the right land or enough of it :thumbs:

I think I know what you,re saying about being stressful, I think if you had a pack running about mad it could be a right pain in the arse :wallbash: But I reckon if you had a small team of the right mix and controlable it would be a joy to see them working :thumbs:

It's not so bad with the right land. If you don't have roads, or permission boundrys to worry about it's ok. If you know the land you can just let the dogs get on with it, and as long as they are all going in pretty much the same direction its happy days. It helps if you have enough quarry about that they have focus together rather then all f*****g off desperatly seeking something to chase.

It's not so bad with the right land. If you don't have roads, or permission boundrys to worry about it's ok. If you know the land you can just let the dogs get on with it, and as long as they are all going in pretty much the same direction its happy days. It helps if you have enough quarry about that they have focus together rather then all f*****g off desperatly seeking something to chase.

I think I would lean more towards a spaniel, more responsive etc, don,t think I could be arsed with a terriers temperament, I think a spaniel would work with you and make a wee jaunt more enjoyable instead of getting annoyed with a terriers attitude, everybodys different though, personaly I know I would gel better with a spaniel type :thumbs: