what would you do??

we recently took a dog called jess from a lady who claimed her and her partner had broken up and he had left her with 4 dogs!! so we took 1 a 2 yr old bitch called jess she was advertised on gumtree free to a good home!! so we collected her with no problems and has proven to be a very good dog and she has been very well trained, weve had her about 6-7 weeks now and spent a bit of money on her new lead collar as she only came with a tatty one, and micro chipped, wormed, flead to name a few... today i received a phone call from the fella whos dog it was saying he wanted her back and that he has the police involved i feel bad but do not want to give her up she gets on fine and works well with my dogs plus to be honest i got a bit of a soft spot for her......what would you do (this is the picture she was advertised with)

post-61770-0-20056100-1305390566_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tally up the money you have spent on the dog and ask him for it. If he pays then he gets the dog, if he doesn't tell him to get tae f**k.......You will soon see how much he wants the dog back....

If I was in the other blokes shoes...   Me and the misses had broken up, I was on the bones off my arse and staying round a mates, it was a nightmare trying too see the kids let alone get any of my

Posted Images

bit of a tricky 1 that ,would,nt like 2 be in your pursition ,how did he get your number ?and how did come 2 be without his dog?if it is her ex tell him what went on and thats it tell 2 get the police ,he 1 for ya right you loose your dog dog warden picks it up goes 2 kenels ,the kennel keep in the lost department for 2 weeks then if no1 comes forward it come into rehoming kennels then when someone rehomes it legaly their dog ,we all know the law is fcuk up in this country :censored:

Tally up the money you have spent on the dog and ask him for it. If he pays then he gets the dog, if he doesn't tell him to get tae f**k.......You will soon see how much he wants the dog back.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

ALRIGHT MATE.

IN HIS EYES ITS STILL HIS,

IF HES WALKED AWAY AND LEFT DOG ,HOPING HIS EX IS GOING TO KEEP THEM THEN THERE HER,S AND IF THATS THE CASE.

TELL HIM TO GET THE POLICE.

OWNERSHIP IS 9

9/10THS OF THE LAW AND YOU CAN PROVE GOOD FAITH.PLUS FREE TO GOOD HOME :thumbs:

GOOD ON YOU MATE :thumbs:

made me feel well awkward but at the end of the day if you walk out on ya missus why would you leave ya dogs!!

il take some more pictures tomorrow her coast doesnt look like that its smooth guessing she was wet or somthing in the picture

she a collie/whippet/grey

tell him to go and see his ex and sort it out with her.you have had the dog for 6-7wks so where was he then,the dog is yours now and nobody can do anything about it.if you are happy to give the dog up ask him for what it has cost you plus its keep for 6-7wks and see if he comes up with the goods before you hand the dog back over but hte police cant do anything about it as that was between him and his ex and a frre to good home add.atb

Tally up the money you have spent on the dog and ask him for it. If he pays then he gets the dog, if he doesn't tell him to get tae f**k.......You will soon see how much he wants the dog back.... :thumbs:

that's what i would do.

I'm inclined to agree, it's always hard but I would put up a bit of a fight for her at least.

that's what i would do.

I'm inclined to agree, it's always hard but I would put up a bit of a fight for her at least.

Oh dont get me wrong if i had the dog a bit longer, say 4 months and i felt i had trained it to some degree then i'm afraid it would be mine. After 6 weeks i'd take my money back and get another dog, sometimes its just not worth the aggro..... :thumbs:

that's what i would do.

iv got no intentions of giving her up, just didnt know where i stood with the police being involved for me its not about the money, it would be replacing her as she it a really good clever dog so i think the word i am looking for would be.......NOT MY PROBLEM?

that's what i would do.

Oh dont get me wrong if i had the dog a bit longer, say 4 months and i felt i had trained it to some degree then i'm afraid it would be mine. After 6 weeks i'd take my money back and get another dog, sometimes its just not worth the aggro..... :thumbs:

thats what i would be thinking, would it be worth the aggro. Telling him he can have the dog back but he will have too pay for what has been put into the dog over the past few weeks seems like an easy way to sort it out all the agro of police geting involved.you will soon see how much he cears about the dog when he find's out he aint having it back for free. he was willing to leave his dog's with his misses and diddant cear about what happend to them then.