Patterdale x bull whats think

Just a few questions for the fans of such a cross, how do you rate the finding ability? Does the bull blood in your obsevations somewhat hinder or disrupt the over-all finding or will to enter earth in the first few generations of the cross? What is to be expected from this cross? My guess it is to improve the finishing ability, correct me if I'm wrong. And how many generations does it take to return to a handy working size? Many thanks in advance, all the best. :thumbs:

just stuck a jagd terrier to a bully type patt , reason for early breeding is first how much they 2 cost me , the jagd 2k and patterdale almost 1k including plane ticket. So thats 3k for 2 dogs, so i wanted to breed them before they die working or get lost as 2 days before the breeding i almost lost my patterdale .all pups will be given free to hunters . Anyway i like the will to drive and nose of the jagd and hunting instinct. My patt is a grand son to la' grip and jg'ice and i like his temperament dogs behind him and yes he couldnt finish a feral act him self he cried and let go but atleast went right back and got a good safe hold and so needed help finishing . And that hard bite didnt put him off of working one bit he still wants to smash them. With dens he a big dog 'excuse lol ' he doesnt try too hard to get to his quarry if its a bit tight he starts digging from just after the entry , my fault as i showed him too many rabbit holes as young pup and now thinks slightly tight hole wont fit him , where as the jagd she flew through holes from young age by accident and started giving tounge on scent at just 14 weeks when i took her out. So she has hunting instinct and is small him for the hardness of , ok not him, but dogs behind him as ice his grand mom killed every fox she was double bred on sparticus. But i find the patt i have useless at tracking a fox he can spot there was a fox there but he couldnt follow, not that much of a nose, where as jagds are used to track wounded animals .

So how old exactly is the sire and dam to this breeding?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the hand full of first x ive seen work wasnt worth a shit, i had one aswell afew yr back that looked the part, nice black dog, not too big with a nice head, it was shite, it couldnt find its snap in i

you dont hav to comment either

Posted Images

Just a few questions for the fans of such a cross, how do you rate the finding ability? Does the bull blood in your obsevations somewhat hinder or disrupt the over-all finding or will to enter earth in the first few generations of the cross? What is to be expected from this cross? My guess it is to improve the finishing ability, correct me if I'm wrong. And how many generations does it take to return to a handy working size? Many thanks in advance, all the best. :thumbs:

Grafter man im speaking for myself in relation to the one i have at in kennells.He is a straightx staffxpatt and for your first question he will find and has found anywhere i have put him,and he has been in some big places.I dont see how bull blood would hinder him as i think and this is my opinion,that staff's have a really good nose on em,they will hunt like any other terrier on top if brought up correctly.I find they enter very easily with a will to do the job they were bred for.Size wise,again im speaking for myself,the one i have is smaller than any of the black dogs i keep,and smaller than most black dogs i see about.He is strong with a good head on him but will get up anywhere.I have a very small patt bitch and i plan to put him back across her a few year down the line if both are still doing the job.The staff bitch we used is a very small game bitch that we have actually dug to on a few occasions when short on dogs.As for finishing ability,well lets put it this way,he wont take any prisoners.YIS.FM.

Grafter man im speaking for myself in relation to the one i have at in kennells.He is a straightx staffxpatt and for your first question he will find and has found anywhere i have put him,and he has been in some big places.I dont see how bull blood would hinder him as i think and this is my opinion,that staff's have a really good nose on em,they will hunt like any other terrier on top if brought up correctly.I find they enter very easily with a will to do the job they were bred for.Size wise,again im speaking for myself,the one i have is smaller than any of the black dogs i keep,and smaller than most black dogs i see about.He is strong with a good head on him but will get up anywhere.I have a very small patt bitch and i plan to put him back across her a few year down the line if both are still doing the job.The staff bitch we used is a very small game bitch that we have actually dug to on a few occasions when short on dogs.As for finishing ability,well lets put it this way,he wont take any prisoners.YIS.FM.

Thanks for the reply and honest answers mate. I am not too familiar with the results of adding bull blood to the workers. cheers

the hand full of first x ive seen work wasnt worth a shit, i had one aswell afew yr back that looked the part, nice black dog, not too big with a nice head, it was shite, it couldnt find its snap in its own kennel and too look at him you would of thought he'd kill most foxes he came accross :no: far from it when he didnt like abit back, im shore there will be afew gud un's out there and i wish you the very best of luck with yours, in my own opinion i wouldnt have another given,

Again it depends a lot on the bull blood thats used in the mating.A lot of lads use bull just for the sake of it without doing their homework on the bull in question or even seeing it work.There is a lot of shit been bred with bullx's as there is with any breed of terrier,patt.border.jrt.lakey there all the same,again its down to doing the homework first before the breeding and not breeding just because you like the look of the dog or bitch.I have seen down through the years as good of bullx's as any other breed of terrier and as many failure's with full terriers as bullx's.

I agree fatman!

But why not stick a big lump of a patterdale on a bitch?

Theres plenty out there.

i see you have not answered my earlier question mustard

the hand full of first x ive seen work wasnt worth a shit, i had one aswell afew yr back that looked the part, nice black dog, not too big with a nice head, it was shite, it couldnt find its snap in its own kennel and too look at him you would of thought he'd kill most foxes he came accross :no: far from it when he didnt like abit back, im shore there will be afew gud un's out there and i wish you the very best of luck with yours, in my own opinion i wouldnt have another given,

Again it depends a lot on the bull blood thats used in the mating.A lot of lads use bull just for the sake of it without doing their homework on the bull in question or even seeing it work.There is a lot of shit been bred with bullx's as there is with any breed of terrier,patt.border.jrt.lakey there all the same,again its down to doing the homework first before the breeding and not breeding just because you like the look of the dog or bitch.I have seen down through the years as good of bullx's as any other breed of terrier and as many failure's with full terriers as bullx's.

I agree fatman!

Theres plenty out there.

I dont have to answer too anyone.

Ok!

Get down off that high horse,you think your on.

I agree fatman!

Theres plenty out there.

I dont have to answer too anyone.

Ok!

Get down off that high horse,you think your on.

you dont hav to comment either :whistling:

• Like 2