Anyone for Goat

Has anyone ever eaten goat meat ?....i am told it is THE most consumed meat in the world,very popular in the Carribean,Mexico etc...and is the main animal protein source of much of Africa and the Middle East...im also told it contains a higher level of protein than any other meat....i know its classed as a red meat chevon/mutton etc

Just wondered if anyone had any idea/taste etc

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curry Goat, and a pint of red stripe

Dont eat it mate ,its shite,we had one in 1954 and i can still taste it :sick: my dad had an old billie away from somewhere ,he cut its throat in the back yard then butchered it with the coal hammer ,

Posted Images

Has anyone ever eaten goat meat ?....i am told it is THE most consumed meat in the world,very popular in the Carribean,Mexico etc...and is the main animal protein source of much of Africa and the Middle East...im also told it contains a higher level of protein than any other meat....i know its classed as a red meat chevon/mutton etc

get to the old brewery off brick lane gnasher that old red bus sells it had it tasty

Edited by gonetoearth

quite regular go to a afro cafe as a change from a fry up whilst at work. Curry goat, rice and peas, coleslaw and a fried dumpling. Gotta say it is a quality bit of scram.

i asked for goat curry old bird went ape said its curry goat :icon_eek:

i had it a few times it's nice if it's cooked right (curried). I haven't got a clue how to cook it propley though ive only ever had it at mates houses.

edited to add: ive never had a nice one from a cafe or takeaway.

Edited by buster 8789

excellent if butchered young very much like lamb but the fat off it is better left on the side of plate :thumbs:

mike

Edited by keeper 51

quite regular go to a afro cafe as a change from a fry up whilst at work. Curry goat, rice and peas, coleslaw and a fried dumpling. Gotta say it is a quality bit of scram.

i asked for goat curry old bird went ape said its curry goat :icon_eek:

LOL, why ya call it like dat mon !

Same thing happened to me mate. :thumbs:

Oh right,it must be more popular than i realised.......a young Asian lad came up to me earlier started talking bodybuilding etc....give him his due he had a fantastic physique for someone so young....turns out he eats goat meat by the bucket load apparently its higher in protein and lower in fat than other meats,was always a turkey/chicken fan myself i never really paid much attention to what i classed as foreign foods :icon_redface: .....asked a few pals of mine they all said " oooh f**k that "

So can it be eaten as a steak or is it generally bashed up in a curry ?

Oh right,it must be more popular than i realised.......a young Asian lad came up to me earlier started talking bodybuilding etc....give him his due he had a fantastic physique for someone so young....turns out he eats goat meat by the bucket load apparently its higher in protein and lower in fat than other meats,was always a turkey/chicken fan myself i never really paid much attention to what i classed as foreign foods :icon_redface: .....asked a few pals of mine they all said " oooh f**k that "

treat it the same as lamb very tasty roasted or stewed :yes:

mike

He is quite right on the fat content gnasher, being alot lower than most meats, infact up to 50% less. The higher protein part aint true though, infact it has similar protein percentage to beef but a little less than chicken. Im sure google will be able to provide alot more details!

Jigsaw should have some FRAME ON HIM then if he eats the goats he gets :whistling:

He is quite right on the fat content gnasher, being alot lower than most meats, infact up to 50% less. The higher protein part aint true though, infact it has similar protein percentage to beef but a little less than chicken. Im sure google will be able to provide alot more details!

Ok well im reliably informed its not as high as turkey and around the same as chicken......and theres me thinking i knew my nutritional values....i hadnt ventured into darkies foods though....not sure i can face walking into a carribean restaurant but i spose its no different to going for an indian....just have to walk in and say gimme some goat :blink: ....cant be doing with the curry though.

i think the aisian kid proberbly had other other suplements gnash ;) and on top, just a lucky fecker geneticly.

if you like curries in genral,,i think youl like a curried goat,, if you dont like curries try having a look at morocan cooking some of there tagiens are beautifull :thumbs: