Which is better

Id go for a patterdale all day long because you have more chance of finding genuine working stock at a realistic price. Having said that, they can be very vocal, energetic and head strong which I wouldn't want if I was ever to have a dog that was to be a pure put so it's swings and roundabouts IMO. My patterdales in my avatar. Shes a nice looking dog and she already works well on rats at 6 months :thumbs:

Sam

Guest ryan161

if you get the right russel and bred the right way mate in my eyes there very hard to beat i would have a russel [bANNED TEXT] any other dog but like i side it needs to be bred the right way worker to worker in saying that its the same as all breeds mate good luck what you go with chum :thumbs:

Id go for a patterdale all day long because you have more chance of finding genuine working stock at a realistic price. Having said that, they can be very vocal, energetic and head strong which I wouldn't want if I was ever to have a dog that was to be a pure put so it's swings and roundabouts IMO. My patterdales in my avatar. Shes a nice looking dog and she already works well on rats at 6 months :thumbs:

Sam

i would say jagds are energetic vocal and head strong. Actually very very very energetic you would notice that straight away , they just dont sit still. I wonder where they got that trait from, fox terriers ?

Ye I've seen a lot of pics and videos of jagds doin the job and they look awesome on boar and coyote etc. I ain't knockin a dog bein vocal, energetic and head strong or else I wouldn't have a patterdale myself. I actually wouldn't have anything other than lively and a bit head stong but I wouldn't want the same in a pet. :no:

Like Ryan said though, a good russell would do the job J.DOG

What dogs do you work Masta of game?

Sam

Sam

i would say jagds are energetic vocal and head strong. Actually very very very energetic you would notice that straight away , they just dont sit still. I wonder where they got that trait from, fox terriers ?

Ye I've seen a lot of pics and videos of jagds doin the job and they look awesome on boar and coyote etc. I ain't knockin a dog bein vocal, energetic and head strong or else I wouldn't have a patterdale myself. I actually wouldn't have anything other than lively and a bit head stong but I wouldn't want the same in a pet. :no:

Sam

just one patterdale. My mate has a jagd and also patterdales and hounds. The dogs push foxes to guns. If one goes to ground than thats even better for me lol

Sounds good to me man :thumbs: Jagds are supposed to be really hard aren't they? Does your mate use it to ground?

Sam

I've got nothin against them but where can you find a reasonably priced border? It's not a dig, genuine question. I've just never bothered lookin at borders because I know I can find somethin else to do the same job for half the money

Sam

Sam

Sam

just one patterdale. My mate has a jagd and also patterdales and hounds. The dogs push foxes to guns. If one goes to ground than thats even better for me lol

Sounds good to me man :thumbs: Jagds are supposed to be really hard aren't they? Does your mate use it to ground?

Sam

terriers we keep are all rounders used for above and below. I think its like patts some lines are hard some are arent, even within a line there is variation. They have good hunting instinct and good nose and they give tongue on got scent . Hell this bitch self entered at very young age when i first had her as a pup and started giving tongue at 3 months old on a rabbit . She did better than my patterdale lol he took a while to get used running with hounds he kept starting fights instead of hunting but she was just focusing on hunting. Just last week i started going out hunting as season just started and i remember my dog got better at the end of last season and last saturday he did well i was happy with him.

Oh very good mate. :thumbs: we love a happy ending :cry: haha jokes. In all seriousness theres somethin that interests me about the Jagd terriers - looks and characteristics wise. What do you hunt over there? Just fox or anythin else?

Sam

lol i think they have a good nose. I haven't got an opinion on them as I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh but I know that there are a few diggin lads that wouldn't thank you for one. They're built as rabbiters and ratters not foxin dogs but like I say, I can't comment :whistling: I've heard of lads around us crossin small hounds like beagles with a terrier to get a good nose.

Sam